Chapter 27: Disarray

Third Person

"They did it master. All are safe," the kwami of creation sighed. "Alright. Wonderful," he nodded in satisfaction. Noticing the floating creature's expression of sorrow, he looked down in grief. Tikki was completely against their separation. Such unfathomable agony was something Marinette shouldn't feel. 

Maybe she was just too empathetic? Not at all. The kwami fully sympathized with the girl and wanted the best for her. Chat Noir was the best for her. The red kwami could only hope that destiny would find its way.

"Tikki, you do understand this is for their own good. Correct?" Wang Fu said, tidying up his yoga mat.

"Seems so. It's just sad. They both really complete each other. Marinette has been improving herself so much because of him."

"They can get together as Adrien and Marinette or as Chat Noir and Ladybug, but never as hero and civilian," he stated sternly. "Is your mind truly made up, master?" Wayzz questioned in a hopeful tone. 

He didn't like seeing his friend being a disappointed mess. Wayzz knew that Marinette was different from Tikki's other holders. Marinette was the Ladybug Tikki clicked with. Whenever Marinette would have an emotional turmoil, it made Tikki distressed too. 

Moreover, judging from the stories Tikki told him about Chat Noir and Marinette, they fit each other very well. They both made each other happy. The only way they could get together again is when they finally know who holds the butterfly brooch. Wayzz felt that they weren't going to defeat Hawkmoth too soon anyway. 

"Yes, I am certain. Their relationship will risk too much," Fu uttered, his voice had no hint of doubt. "Noted, we understand," Tikki mourned, in low spirits.

"Also, where is Plagg?"

"He has transformed Adrien. Why do you ask?"

"No particular reason. I was just curious," he responded. "Well, it's dangerous for kwamis to leave their owners. Now that you've told me all necessary information, you may leave," Fu kindly gestured the red kwami to leave.

"Thank you, master," Tikki said in reply. "No problem at all—" suddenly, his eyes were blank. His expression was stoic. No emotion could be found amongst his features. "Master? Are you okay?" the two kwamis began tapping his shoulder. 

"Something's wrong!" the kwami of protection worriedly said.

The old guardian stood up wearily, opening the door and going out for an unknown reason.

"Tikki, you have to go to Marine—"

The green kwami was unable to continue. Both kwamis eyes became white as well. The room was flat silent. Somehow, they were being controlled. 

Tikki and Wayzz phased out of the door and followed their master towards the Eiffel Tower. 

Minutes ago

"So it was you," she chuckled, her lips quivering due to aggravation. Eunice noted her scowl. Lila had an angry stare, a wrinkled forehead, narrowed lips, and the veins on her neck were practically bulging. 

Flashback

"What is going on here?!" Mr. Damocles gaped at the sight. She didn't know what to say. Her mind was jittery and her thoughts were all over the place. She wasn't able to mask her horror or her anxiousness. Lila couldn't think of any other excuse. A sharp breath fell from her lips when she was hit by the realization that no lie could save her.

"Sir, I can explain..." Lila wheezed out. "Explain? Eunice told me everything," Mr. Damocles looked at the girl beside him. Eunice had a worried look worn on. Lila began examining the woman's appearance.