"Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, wrapping his arms around her, but Luna can't seem to find her voice to speak and tell her brother the reason why she's like a mess right now.

"Is it about Toby?" Caleb tried again, just the sound of his name was enough to make her burst into tears. Burying her face on her brother's chest.

Caleb let her cry in his arms for the next few minutes without saying a word, and when the wailing stops, he handed her a glass of water that she gladly takes.

"Will you tell me what happened now?" so and so she did, Luna told him everything, from Toby's two weeks absences to her journey to find his place and everything in between. Like always, Caleb listened attentively.

"You just have to wait for him Luna, it's Toby we're talking about here. All you can do is patiently wait for him to comeback. Maybe he's doing something important, or he really caught a bad flu. Just wait for him, okay?"

"But--"

"No buts Lana, just give him a little more time, okay?" Lulu bid her good night, and just like that, she was all alone again. Her eyes staring blankly at the ceiling and her mind wandering about Toby. The sound of Toby's playlist was the only comfort that she knew for the last couple of days, letting the words sink into her soul, waiting for the darkness to devour her and put her into slumber.

"I miss you," she whispered into the dark, hoping and praying that Toby will be at school again tomorrow, waiting for her on their seats at the end of their room with a book on his hand and the other on her heart.

12:45 AM
New Message

From Tobias the Great: I will.

——

Expectations is the root of all heartaches; it was one of Toby's favorite quotes from Shakespeare. And for once, Luna finally understood those words. It's been three long weeks since she last saw Toby, and a week since he sent her a message.

I will, he said but until now there's no sign of Tobias Amadeus Cooper in her life.

"Mom, can we go now? You're only seeing the doctor for a test you're not marrying him! Come on you've been there for an hour already!" she was banging on her mother's door for the fifth time that morning. But boy, the woman was way too persistent in making her wait.

Luna was assigned as her mother's designated chaperon for the day. She has a doctor's appointment for a regular check-up, the Maximillian Clan has a long history of chronic heart failure, and everyone in the family, included her and Caleb needs to get check every year month.

"Honey, five more minutes!" her mother yelled back, making the poor Luna growl in frustration. It was passed nine in the morning, and they have to be in the hospital by ten. But with her mother attitude, Luna can already tell that they would be late.

Finally giving up, she went downstairs, grabbing a slice of cold pizza and chicken from the fridge. Waiting ever so patiently while devouring her food, looking back and forth form the stairs and the clock on the wall. After another fifteen minutes, the great Luan Maximilian Greene finally descended the stairs, the sight of her in a low V-neck mid-thigh strappy dress almost choked Luna to death.

"What the hell? What are you wearing Mom!?" Luna was in between shock and anger at how her mother look, but her mother just shrugged her off. Watching her leave walking away towards the shoe cabinet.

Gaining her composure back, Luna quickly pulled out her phone, snapping a photo of her mother in that dress and sending it as quickly as humanly possible to her brother. And viola, in just a matter of seconds, Caleb Louise Green was calling on the phone.