Departure

"Thank you for the help, Sarah," Molly said as she walked up behind me with a mountain for food in her arms.

"No problem," I smile gently as I flick my wand to place the end of the banner above the table. The party would be starting soon and from what I have heard, everyone is coming. After a few minutes of putting the finishing touches in the basement, everyone started to come down the stairs. I move off to the side not wanting to be in the center of attention with the rest of the party.

"Hiding in the corner?" Isgur says, making me look up from my butterbeer. He wore a grey suit vest with the buttons done and the back of the vest was black to match the tie he wore that was neatly tucked into the vest and grey dress pants, and he had the sleeves of the lighter grey shirt was rolled up to reveal his slightly tanned skin.

"Yes," I smirk up at him since he was taller than me. "Don't you look dashing this evening?"

"Thank you," he chuckles as he stands next to me and leans against the wall. "Just came back from a meeting with the Quidditch Committee. Rather exhausting if you ask me."

"Care to tell?" I grin, making him chuckle again.

"It wouldn't satisfy you, I'm afraid. Just old men bickering about the next venue," he shrugs, crossing his arms over his chest. I nod in understanding as I take another sip of the drink.

"Ah! There you are," Sirius said making the two of us turn to see him and Remus walking over us. Sirius immediately wraps his arm around my waist and kisses me fully on the lips taking me by surprise. When we part from the corner of my eye I could see Isgur pressing his lips together silently.

"Welcome Isgur," Remus says as he shakes Isgur's hand.

"Thank you, Remus," he smiles kindly. We remain silent for a bit before Isgur speaks.

"What is a Prefect?" he questions, eyeing up the banner hanging over the table.

"Where did you attend school, Isgur?" I raise a brow with a curious look.

"Durmstrang," he turns to me with a slight smirk.

"It's like little rule enforcers," Sirius answers the question, turning Isgur's attention away from me. "Little goodie two shoes, if you ask me."

Remus was about to open his mouth but was interrupted by Molly who asked everyone to get a drink. Remus excuses himself and Isgur follows him to get themselves a drink before the toast began.

"Flirting bastard," Sirius grumbles making me look up at him. He watched Isgur from across the room with a sharp eye making me giggle to myself.

"You're not helping the situation, Sarah," he comments, looking back down at me.

"We were just talking, Sirius. Nothing to worry about," I roll my eyes. He growled lowly at me but didn't say anything when Remus and Isgur returned to our little group.

"Well, I think a toast is in order," Arthur said once everyone had a drink and was settled. "To Ron and Hermione, the new Gryffindor prefects!"

We gave a little cheer before drinking our drinks and the two kids looked like they were glowing with pride. The rest of the party seemed to move to the food right when the toast was finished causing my stomach to growl lowly.

"I think I'll go get some food," I tell the boys as I break away from the little party to grab a plate. I could hear the boys slowly following me and speaking amongst themselves not that I was paying any attention.

"I was never a Prefect myself," I caught a bit of Tonks conversation as I scooped some food onto my plate. "My Head of House said I lacked certain necessary qualities."