Betrayal

"Severus has sworn to never speak about last night," Dumbledore told me with his hands folded together. "Remus's secret is safe."

"How did this happen?" I whisper, staring off at something in the office.

"Severus mentioned something of being tipped off by Mr. Black," Dumbledore whispered softly. Pain. That's what betrayal felt like at that exact moment when he said Sirius's last name. Pain.

"He's lying," I whisper not meeting his gaze. "Snape is a liar."

"Sarah-"

"No! Sirius would never do this to Remus," I scream, standing from my chair. I turn away from him and walk quickly out the office ignoring his calls to me. I slow my pace once I was a good distance away from Dumbledore's office before wrapping my arms around myself and letting the tears finally fall down my cold face. Sirius would never do that. Never. I know him. I trust him. I love him.

Would Sirius really do this? The tower came into view making me quiver at the sight. I felt cold even though the Common Room was warmer than usual. Sirius and James sat on the couch making my stomach knot up at their presence.

"Hey," Sirius said, jumping up from his seat and jogged towards me. He tried to bring me into an embrace but I backed away from him, wrapping my arms tighter around me.

"What?" he questioned with a worried look.

"Is it true?" I whisper, my voice trembling with anger.

"What?"

"You tipped Snape off?" I snap at him. James stared at us with a blank look on his face.

"Sarah-"

"Well!" Sirius stared at me with surprise on his face before swallowing making his adam's apple bob.

"Yes," he said with an emotionless voice. The feeling of betrayal came back but this time it was stronger because it is now true. "It was a joke."

"A joke? My brother's secret is a joke? Some joke!"

"He didn't even see anything!"

"He knows Sirius! Dumbledore made him swear to secrecy!" I yell. "Remus's life was in danger because of you! I thought I could trust you!"

"I'm sorry."

"Sorry? You think a 'sorry' can fix this?"

"Then what do you want me to say?" Sirius snapped at me, his hands clenching into fists at his side.

"Ahh!" I growl grabbing fists full of hair and tugging at my own hair.

"What!"

"Guys-" James begins but Sirius beats him to it.

"What do you want me to do Sarah! Huh?"

"I want some space!" I yell at him not even thinking about what I just said. Sirius stares at me with raging eyes that flinched slightly but replaced with the same rage from before.

"Fine," he says quietly before turning away from me and heads up the boys' stairs. I stand there, my lungs panting, the tears stinging at my eyes.

"Sarah?" James questions with concerned eyes.

"I'm okay," I mumble as he takes me into his embrace.