Home

"Why is it that I could get everything to fit in this darn thing the first time but not the second time?" Lily groans as she shoves all of her stuff in the luggage case, I laugh while I place all of my stuff in my own suitcase. It was the last day of school and we were finally going back home to our families.

"Yes!" Lily cheers when she finally got the case to close after five minutes. Double checking everything making sure that we had everything that belonged to us and making sure everything was packed, we both sighed at the sight of the empty room that we had spent a year together in this very room.

"I'm going to miss this place," I whisper looking at the room with a bit of sadness beginning to build up in the pit of my gut.

"I know what you mean." Lily sighed, crossing her arms as we both took one last look around the empty room.

"Hey, do you girls need any help or anything?" James asked when he poked his head in, giving both of us a questioning look.

"Would you move your arse?" Sirius's voice came from out the doorway.

"I can't really move my arse when James is blocking the doorway, you know!" Remus said back to Sirius with the sound a shove came right after.

"Would you two knock it off?" James yells over his shoulder at the two.

"Shut up!" They say in unison at James of whom just rolls his hazel eyes before turning back to Lily and me. But after a bit of more shoving all three of them fell into the room with Peter standing in the doorway looking at them with the same face of amusement that was Lily and I's face.

"Well how is the beautiful girls this morning?" Sirius said to us, propping himself up on his elbows and smiling up at us.

"Fine," Lily replies rolling her eyes at the three boys laying on the floor. I laugh as the three get up off the ground and dust of the dirt off their clothes.

"Okay but back to the question from the beginning do you guys need any help?" James asks again when he got finished brushing off the dirt.

"Yea," I say after a moment of thinking pointing over to the giant luggage trunks at the foot of the bed, James and Sirius grab the two trunks, Remus grabs the other bags, and Peter grabs the smaller bags for us.

"Well that was easy," Lily laughed as we followed the boys down the stairs but not before I took one last look around the common room and leaving through the portrait for the last time of this school year. We walked through the castle heading towards the train station, Sirius began to walk next to me with the trunk on one shoulder and his other hand wrapped tightly around my waist pulling me into him.

"I'm going to miss this place," I whisper when we exited through the final and last door of the castle that had grown to be my second home.

"I know, me too." He sighs, walking down the path to the station still holding the heavy trunk with one hand on his shoulder. Show off.

"Thank you," I said to the man who took all of our luggage and put it with the rest of the luggage.

"Oh my God!" I whisper, slapping myself in the head.

"What? What's wrong?" Sirius asked when he saw my mini heart attack unfold.

"I forgot Tiger," I whisper looking back towards the castle where I had left Tiger in the Owlery tower.

"No. I went got him and my owl, and their in the compartment with everyone," Sirius reassured me as I breath a sigh of relief at the thought of my poor owl is safely on board the train.

"What would I do without you?" I laugh.

"I have no idea," he chuckles as he leads me onto the train and into the compartment where everyone was sitting in and talking to each other. I sat next to the window with Sirius next to me, James next to him with Lily at his side giving him the look. And on the other side was Remus and then Noelle with Peter on the other side of Remus looking out the window. I smile as Sirius lays his arm over my shoulders while everyone chatted amongst themselves in the compartment. A hoot came from under the seat making me lean over to grab Tiger's cage from out from under the seat.