A Hermit and a Badge

"Sarah, wake up," Sirius said while he shook me gently. I mumble a curse under my breath trying to snuggle back into the bed.

"Wake up," he rasps in my ear making my body automatically tremble. I hate how my body gives in to him like this.

"What?" I grumble, rubbing the sleep from my eyes before finally opening them. He laid on the bed with his arms propping him up and holding his head up.

"Harry's home," he smiles that dazzling smile as he strokes my cheek. I spring from the bed and grab some clothes since I was still my pajamas from this morning. 

"You never get up like that for me," Sirius says from the bed not that I paid him any mind. I yank on a pair of jeans and an old shirt.

"Come on," I turn to him with my hand held out to him. Sirius smiles as he climbs out the bed with a groan then taking my hand in his. We walk down the stairs together and entered the kitchen where the twins and Ginny were singing, He got off, through the kitchen. Molly was wiping her face with her apron while Harry was talking to Ron and Hermione. Everyone looks when the two of us enter the room and the smile on Harry's face seemed to widen. He leaves his friends and goes to stand in front of me and Sirius. He engulfs me in a hug making me giggle a bit as I let go of Sirius's hand and hugged him back.

"I told you," I giggle in his ear. "You were going to be fine."

"I don't know," he chuckles pulling away from me allowing my arms to fall at my side. "Everyone seems quite relieved, though, considering they all knew I'd get off."

"Hush," I flick his arm making him laugh and Sirius joined in. I couldn't help but smile at my boys.

"That's enough, settle down!" Arthur shouted at his children that were doing the chanting although he wore a smile also. "Listen, Sirius, Lucius Malfoy was at the Ministry-"

"What?" Sirius said in a sharp tone.

"He got off, he got off-"

"Be quiet, you three! Yes, we saw him talking to Fudge on level nine, then they went up to Fudge's office together. Dumbledore ought to know."

"Absolutely," Sirius agreed. "We'll tell him, don't worry."

The rest of the night, we celebrated and the house seemed warm for once making a comfort to even myself.

"You need to stop this," I point out to Sirius. Since the case had been dropped and Harry being allowed to return to Hogwarts, Sirius has been sulking around the house not talking to anyone including Harry.

"Sarah, leave me be," he grumbles from his spot on the floor with Buckbeak.

"You are acting like a child, Sirius Orion Black," I roll my eyes at him with my arms crossed. "You knew he was going to go back to school."

"I said leave me be!" he snaps making me blink in surprise. He rarely yells at me and it always stung.

"Fine," I snap with a glare. I pivot and leave the room, slamming the door behind me for good measure. 

"A child he is," I whisper to myself as I walk down the hall. My eyes narrowed when I see the trio poking their heads out of a room that Molly sent them to clean. When they realized I could see them, they quickly disappeared from view. I stay in Sirius's room for the rest of the day not wanting to talk or see anyone.  

"Sarah!" Remus's voice yelled through the door, making me look up from my book. I quickly close the book and hopped off the bed to head to the door. My brother leaned against the door frame with his hands in his pockets.