Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

"I love you, Scott Mcall. Always."

A wide grin appeared on Scott's lips as he pulled Aspen into a tight embrace.

"I love you too, June."

"Aww, I love us too."

Scott and Aspen were suddenly engulfed into a hug from behind. Aspen noticed the familiar flannel sleeve and peeked from the corner fo her eye to see Stiles' head resting on hers.

"Glad you two are done being dramatic. Not we can get into the serious stuff." Stiles hopped over the backside of the bench and forced himself between the two. "Scott, tell her."

Aspen quirked a brow. "Tell me what?"

Scott looked around, noticing students being to arrive on campus as he leaned forward.

"So turns out, Derek isn't the one who bit me. He's a beta, like me. The only one that can turn someone into a werewolf is an Alpha." Scott explained.

"There's another werewolf?!" Aspen exclaimed but quickly silenced by both Scott and Stiles' hand covering her mouth.

"We need to work on your discreetness." Stiles hissed before removing his hand from her mouth.

"Do we know who this Alpha is?" Aspen asked as she glared at Stiles for the sassy comment.

"Not yet, but we need to figure it out. And fast. We think the Alpha bit Scott to start his own pack."

"Well, this Alpha is an asshole. He can't just bite teenagers for his own bidding. Was he the one who killed the bus driver?"

"It's a theory, but we can't be a hundred percent sure. The sooner we figure this out, the faster we can beat his werewolf ass."

"How do we know its a male? It could be a female."

"What? No way."

"It's plausible. You're just sexist."

"No, I'm not. I love women."

Aspen gave him a look as she tilted her head.

"Okay, so Scott can beat his or her werewolf ass, but we will be assisting no doubt."

<•>

She had settled things with Scott, and the burden had been lifted. All Aspen had left was to explain to Isaac that she wasn't a crazy witch that can make things fly.

Standing in between shelves in the library, Aspen dragged her finger again the spines of the books as she scanned the titles for a book relating to herself. Derek had not given her much to go off, and she doubted she would find her last name in any of these books.

She had seen Isaac throughout the day, but not a word was spoken between the two. Awkward eye contact between classes was probably the worst part. There was no doubt he was confused and maybe scared of Aspen. It killed her that he most likely saw her as something not human.

With an irritable huff, Aspen shoved a book back in its prior space, seeing as it would be of no use to her research.

"I'm telling you, Danny, something isn't right with McCall."

Aspen quickly caught Jackson's familiar angered voice from the other side of the shelves. She peered her surroundings before leaning closer to the shelf, glimpsing over the top of the books to see Jackson and Danny.

"Dude, can we just assume he gained some skill over summer? You're still captain, so what's the big deal?" Danny told him, trying to make his friend see reason.