Episode 13 - A Choice Made

Start from the beginning

I look down at my lap in shame. "I'm sorry, Father. I failed you..."

He gives me a comforting smile. "It's my fault for leaving you. I should have seen it coming. The moment you admitted to having feelings for Kai, I knew you were no longer mine."

"But I don't like Kai anymore," I protest. Lies.

"Oh please, Tasha. You forget you're a horrible liar. You've fallen for that hot headed ninja. I see the way you look at him, but more importantly, I see the way he looks at you."

I stare at him with wide eyes. Kai doesn't like me back, does he? Every moment we've had alone since the day we met replays in my mind. All evidence would point to my Father being right. But that doesn't explain the way he's been treating me this past week. Maybe its a defense mechanism? My head begins to ache from contemplation. Kai likes me.

"I remember how I felt about your mother. As much as I want you on my side, I know what you feel for Kai is powerful," Father says, pulling me from my thoughts. "I wont be mad. Your little brother needs someone to watch out for him anyways."

I jump from the bed and hug him. "Thank you, dad."

       ~

"Look at all those piles of dirt!" Jay marvels.

"Wonder what those snakes are up to," Kai says.

Lloyd runs out on the deck to join us. "Wait for me!"

Uncle shakes his head and puts his hand on my brother's shoulder. "This is not your fight. The Green Ninja is too important for a future destiny. You shall stay with me."

Nya arrives with her Samurai Mech, except there's something different about it. There is a passengers seat. "Well, he's gonna have to look after himself, because we made room for you!" She says.

Kai grins. "You said you were concerned that you couldn't keep up, so Jay and Nya rejiggered the design so you could come along. What do you think?"

"I think--" Uncle climbs into the seat excitedly-- "Shotgun!"

My father comes out onto the deck and puts his hand on Lloyd's shoulder. "I wills stay back with Lloyd." He sends me a small smile. "I don't enjoy saying this, but, good luck."

        ~

We're trapped in cages. I don't know how. We were sneaking along the wall, we got spotted, a few bruises later, here we are. Pythor has returned with the fourth fangblade and now the snakes are having a celebration. Nya has been throwing rocks at the Samurai suit in an attempt to contact Lloyd. We've had little luck.

"Lloyd? Lord Garmadon? Is anyone there?" Nya cries out again.

"It's me, Nya! I'm here. But my dad left." Lloyd pauses and I catch Kai's curious eyes. "How are you guys holding up?"

Nya tosses a rock at her Samurai suit to clear the static. "We're fine, but we're a little held up at the moment. Our weapons have been taken and we're locked in cages."

"And Pythor's returned with the fourth Fangblade," Cole adds.

"Lloyd, where did Dad go?" I ask.

He sighs. "I-I told him to leave. He was trying to steal secrets."

Kai scoffs. "Big surprise there. I told you about that guy, but you guys wouldn't listen!"

"My Dad's going back to where he came from. But don't worry, I'll save you," Lloyd continues.

"You're not ready, Lloyd. Your destiny is too great to risk," Uncle Wu argues.

Cole sighs. "I hate to break it to you, Sensei, but if we don't get out of here before Pythor unleashes the Great Devourer, I think this will be the end of all our destinies."