Chapter 41: In A Sixth Dimension

"When ambition gets out of hand we are vulnerable to manipulation by others."

~Keith Campbell

-Saturday, December 3rd. 2:19pm.

The weather is chilly but the sky somehow is clear without the usual cloud cover of the season. Today is one of the clearest day of the month, the cloud promising no overcast.

Allison steps on the break pad, slowing down as she arrives into Lotte New York Palace. She finds a parking spot and pulls up in it. She opens the door, grabbing her phone and purse before climbing out of Jeep. A couple of people stare at her as she steps out in a plushy fur coat almost kissing her knees, a pair of stiletto booth on her fishnet covered thighs.

She smug at the admiral gazes gracing her steps as she makes her way to the entrance door. Every stride she takes is magnified with the clings of her stiletto booth on the marble floor. A smile of accomplishment creeps to her face, she couldn't help the feel of importance.

This is what makes her different from the other Demon Girls. She gets special invitation to private parties as the Demon Girl of the year, she muse at the thought of being important.

The doors swing apart on detecting a motion as she approaches, revealing the big floor on the reception. She strides in and heads straight to the receptionist. The Petite lady sitting at the counter slowly lift her head from the laptop on her desk, lighting up her face with a warm smile. "Good afternoon Ma'am."

"Hello." Allison greets. "Which way to the private party?"

"Oh yeah, fifth floor. You can take the elevator, you'll find signs on the floor guiding you to the hall."

Allison thanks the lady before going to take the lift. She steps inside the elevator, hitting the button to the fifth floor. The doors slowly come together and shuts before ascending.

The hall is not so big, just about the size of a mini hall with about a hundred chairs. The hall managed to maintain a level of heat unlike the chilly atmosphere outside. A big chandelier hangs at the middle of the hall. Classic music fills the air, complimenting the serenity around the hall.

Invitees stood all over hall in pairs. The servers carrying trays of wine as they walk past clusters of people chatting randomly.

Allison walks in, and stood by the door. Her eyes prowl to all corners of the hall as she search between the unfamiliar faces. There is unexpectedly an equal proportion of men to woman, unlike most parties where women flock everywhere. The men in suits looking rich and important. Allison could literally see money dripping down their body.

Could this be another lucky day to meet a rich man?

Her brow arched up when her eyes falls on Katherine and Chase chatting with a man and two ladies. She let out a breath, her pride comes crashing at her feet on realising that she is not the only Demon Girl invited to the party like she thought.

Of course she was invited, isn't she the captain of Demon Girls?

Allison push away the thought, coming to terms with the fact that Katherine is just as important on the Squad. She scoop her eyes further around the hall, in an observation. She catches Britney at the far right of the hall, smiling sheepishly to whatever the man standing in front of her is saying. Allison shakes her head when the thought of going to say hi to Britney pops in her head. But no, she'll rather spend her time meeting any of the ravishing rich looking men.

She slowly walk further into the hall, darting her eyes around as she strides towards a round table in the middle of the hall. She stand beside the table, placing her purse on it. A server walks up to Allison bearing a tray of wines in his hand. She takes a glass of wine from the tray, she mumbles a thanks to the server who nods in return before walking away.