Chapter 20: The Conspiracy

"You can't win the game if you don't make the rules."

~Unknown

-Monday, May 2nd. 12:27pm.

Chase hurries into his office to meet up his fiancee. "Coffee?" He rasp, when he enters his office.

Katherine tilt her head up. She crease her brows at the two cups of coffee in his hands.

"It's sugar free, just the way you like it" Chase grin, and takes a sip from his cup.

She takes the coffee from him. Sipping from it, she inhale. "Coffee is always best without sugar" she mumble.

Chase places his coffee on the table. Facing Katherine, he clear his throat. "So babe, as you know, the board members has been trying to narrow the list of sport investors who intend to buy the thirty percent stake open for sale."

"I know that." she blurt. "And you keep saying 'the board members' like you ain't one of them."

"Well, we've finally narrowed the list to five investors. Thankfully, Mr Jean-Pierre is among the five" he mutter.

"I told you the best way for us to get the stake is to get someone work for us while pretending to work for Mr Dwayne." she say, soothingly.

He smile at her, "And you were right, it's been working as planned so far. You've always been the smartest girl I know." He blows a kiss at her.

"So, they're just five investors fighting for one spot now, huh?" She say, thoughtfully.

"Yes. I'll inform our agent in London, I wanna let him know that everything is going as planned."

"Chase, I know this is all getting exciting but you have to be careful in contacting our agent. We don't wanna blow up our cover, do we?" Katherine whine.

He place both hands on her sides, and pulls her up on her feet, then he place a soft kiss on her forehead. "No we don't, and we won't. I only told our agent about it because I know we can't communicate directly with Mr Jean-Pierre, so no one can trace him to us. I am careful" he sooth.

Nodding her head, she rasp. "Okay. We are gonna play our part and wait for him to play his."

Chase trail his nose up and down her neck, his hands still on her sides. She shift her head to a side, granting him more access. He place soft kisses on her warm skin, sending shivers down her spine.

Despite wanting him so badly, she still couldn't get her mind off of business.

"Baby, do you sometimes worry what if Mr Jean doesn't come through" Katherine say in between her breath.

"You worry too much" he replies in a grunt, while kissing on her bare skin. "Mr Jean-Pierre will come through, he has no choice"

She shift her head to the side when he nib on her neck. Her eyes are shut tight, her hands found it's way to the back of his neck, and she tug at his hair.

"Baby, I'm just saying, we need to be prepared for anything possible." she slur.

"Yeah?" He moan. Twirling her around, he rip off her blouse, then he press his member against her back. He place soft kisses on her skin, kissing down the line of her spine.

She hiss, when the feeling of his touch overwhelm her.

"We have to take over ownership from Mr Dwayne, and we will. Even if it means conspiring with every agent we know"

Chase wrap his hands round her waist, cupping her breasts in his hands.

"You know, we..." Katherine gasp, when Chase suddenly squeeze her breasts roughly, causing her to pause mid sentence.