Chapter 26: The Blackmail

"Your past can blackmail your present to ruin your future."

~Unknown

-Wednesday, July 4th. 4:27pm.

"I got your text. You wanted to see me?" Becky sputter, when she reach Katherine's car at the parking lot.

"Get in" Katherine command, giving Becky a cold look.

Becky curse under her breath when anxiety whorl around her. She sluggishly walk around the car, open the passenger seat door hesitantly and hoppe in.

Katherine watch Becky silently as she settle herself on the seat. Becky puff out an exhale, hesitantly. Then she turns to face Katherine, sending her a confused look.

"Why am I here?" Becky ask under her breath.

Katherine ignores her question, she reach for the stereo and turns in the radio.

"Put on your seatbelt, we're going for a ride" she say nonchalantly.

"Where are we going?" Becky furrow her brows.

"For a ride" Kathrine shoot her a glare.

Becky huff, biting on her lower lip. She hate the twitch pushing in the pit of her stomach. She slowly reach for the seatbelt, buckling it against the repel of her instincts. She glare at Katherine, wondering what she could possibly want from her.

Katherine starts up the car, and slowly pull out of the parking lot. Once she is out of the premises of the sport Gym, she speeds off into the highway.

After driving for 15 minutes, Katherine pulls over on a high ground at the outskirt of the City. Looking out of the window, they could see the whole City in view.

Becky gasp at the site in front of them. "The City is so beautiful from up here" she stun.

Katherine smirk at Becky's fascination by the view. She knew this is the right place to bring Becky, so she'll see what she's going to miss if she doesn't consent to her proposal.

Katherine open the car door and goes out of the car. She walk to the front of the car, and sit on the car trunk. Becky also goes out to sit beside Katherine. They both stare at the City in front of them, while the cool breeze hit their faces.

"This is my get away place. I usually come up her whenever I need some fresh air or want to be alone" Katherine begin "Ain't nothing as spectacular as this, seeing the whole City in one view"

"Yeah. It's beautiful" Becky blurt absentmindedly.

"I brought you up here so you'd see what you're going to miss, when you leave the States" Katherine say, coldly.

Snapping out of her trance, Becky dart her eyes on Katherine. "Why would I wanna leave the States?" She sputter, narrowing her eyes at her.

Katherine let out a low chuckle, which vanish as suddenly as it appeared, and is replaced with a scorn.

"Oh, it wouldn't be your call" Katherine say, sternly.

"What?" Becky scowl, confusingly.

"The State immigration department would have that say, when they review your migration documents and find out that you entered the country with fake documents. I mean, what would happen to your five year old daughter? It would kill you to know that your daughter would be in foster care, while you're sent back to your country"

Katherine's words made Becky weak to the knees, her heart race faster than a moving train.

"Oh come on Becky, did you really think that, that skank you paid to forge documents for you did a great job?" Katherine spit out.