Chapter 35: Doing Whatever It Takes

"After each game, I want to be able to say: I gave it all I could, I gave it my best."

~Unknown

-Friday, September 2nd. 5:45pm.

The surrounding is a lot swapped with people than usual. The noise from the main arena swallow the air, inside and outside the NY Demons Sports Gym. The whole building is decorated in blue and red light, all bright lights are turned off which convoy a silhouette view of the building. Looking different, the sports gym glim in lightning and decor, complimenting the sunsetty evening.

The decoration team has finished decorating the gym and arranging the table and chair for the VIP sessions. The regular seats are all placed according, and the stage is set up for the event. Tonight, the Demon Girls compete for next season's Squad Captain.

Pulled over in the parking lot, Katherine leans against the driver's seat, glaring at the man sitting in her passenger's seat. She had asked him to meet her in her car before the event begins. Eyes bewailed, his hands tremble as he look at the photos sitting in his hands. Katherine had handed the photos to him in a large envelope earlier, after letting him settle himself down in her car. He had expected a different meeting, a business proposal maybe, just not this. At this point, he wished he knew this meeting would be a blackmail, he wished he never responded to her request for a meet up the first place.

Feeling like she has given him enough time to digest the reason for this meeting, she huff. "So what's it gonna be Jim?" She ask the chief security officer of the night's event.

Shaking his head, Jim snaps out of his thoughts. He push the photos back inside the envelop. "B-but, how, I mean, how did you get this photos of me uh..."

"Sucking a man's dick?" Katherine blurt out. "Well, what can I say? I have my source."

Jim looks down at his hands, as he twisted his fingers nervously like a little child. He felt powerless at this point, him sleeping with men as been a secret he has successfully kept since college. He cannot admit to that part of him, he can't allow anyone found out especially not his family.

"I have a lot more other photos of you fucking men too, but, your wife doesn't have to know about this, does she now?" Katherine blurt. "If you do as I say, then you won't have to worry about anyone seeing these photos. Nobody has to know you suck dicks. So I'm asking again, what's it gonna be?"

"What is it you want me to do again?" Jim ask, his voice almost breaking down. The adrenaline running through his veins is enough to send a man into coma. But somehow, he managed to stay alive, though he thinks he is a dead man. He feels like a dead man.

"Oh come on Jim, haven't you been listening?"

No, actually he hasn't. He was so engrossed in fear of his family finding out about the photos, he didn't realise he wasn't paying attention to what she said after she gave him the envelop.

"Okay, a front row VIP reservation was booked by an anonymous in the name of NY Demons. Right?"

Jim checks the reservation list on his tab. Nodding his head, he mutter "Yes. The table is reserved for a Mrs Kri..."

"I know who the reservation is for!" Katherine sneer, causing the man to flinch a little. She exhale, deciding to do this calmly. "All I'm asking you to do is to delay the guest, the lady whom the table was reserved for. You are the chief security officer and that means you are in charge of letting people into the arena. So when the guest arrives, I want you to delay her outside. Tell her you have to verify her reservations before she can go in or whatever. I don't care what you tell her, just make sure she doesn't get inside"