Chapter 3: Dare Devil

"Explore every option you've got, you'll never know until you know."

~unknown

-Saturday, January 8th. 8:15am

Allison presses the button and the elevator slides apart. She steps into the elevator and watch the doors slowly coming together as it close and descends downward. It stopped at the 15th floor and the doors slowly parted, revealing a guy dressed in suit.

He walks in absentmindedly and stand in front of Allison. His scent hits her nostrils, causing her to wriggle her nose and inhale deeply.

She unintentionally start to check out the guy. He is tall, definitely over six feet. He has a broad shoulder, and a well built body. His golden hair is neatly cut and wavy. He has a clean shave which enable Allison to notice his sharp and sleek jaw from behind.

Allison bite her lower lip, she feels addicted to a good body. Sadly, her body has not seem to forget the unresolved arousal of two nights ago. If only she had met this guy in a different place, maybe in a club, the bar, anywhere else but in the elevator, she would have approached him.

He seem classic, so classic. He appears to be heading out for business purposes judging from his outfit.

So no, not a good time. she thought.

The guy keeps checking his wristwatch every minute. The elevator seem to take forever and He is seem like he's running late for something, at least so Allison thought.

The elevator finally complete its descension. Allison snaps out of her thoughts. The doors slowly slide open, revealing a tan skinned lady with a blonde hair standing in front of the elevator, waiting to take a lift up the building. Her eyes meets with that of the guy in the elevator and they both freeze. The sudden halt by the guy cause Allison to bump into his back.

Allison mumble a sorry but the guy didn't flinch or turn around. He just stare at a blonde hair standing in front of him. The blonde hair looks behind the guy, her eyes falls on Allison and she glare bitterly at Allison.

"Is that her? The one you've been so busy with lately, that's her? This is why you've been avoiding me?" the blonde hair seethe which sends Allison into a shock frenzy.

"What is wrong with you?" the guy yell at the blonde hair. "Beatrice, I need you to leave right now. Don't make me call the security."

"Fine, I'll leave. But know this Danny, I'm not done with you. We're not over until I say so." She say through clenched teeth. Sending Allison death glares, "See you around bitch." She snarl and stomp to the exit.

Danny turns to Allison, "I'm so sorry about that. Are you alright?"

Allison shrug, "I'm fine"

"I sincerely apologize for my..." Danny pause, swallowing back the word uneasily.

"Girlfriend?" She search his eyes for a confirmation. Not that it matters but it just feels right to have the certainty of that information. Otherwise, none of the scene Beatrice just made would make any sense.

"Yes, uh," Danny run a hand through his hair. "not anymore."

"Oh, ex girlfriend. That explains it all then." Allison smiles. A small breathe of relief runs through her.