Appendice

“The only thing that makes life unfair is the delusion that it should be fair.”

~Dr. Steven Maraboli

-Wednesday, May 9th. 9:04am.

Smell of fresh leaves whirl in the breeze, giving the atmosphere the blooming scent of the spring season. The air inside Kathy's is exceptional, with the smell of coffee filling the air. People flood in to grab a cup of morning coffee before continuing to work.

Katherine is sitting on her favourite table, across from her fiance. They have the least exciting looks glued to their faces. Chase rests his back on the chair while listening to his fiancee whine about everything not going as they planned.

"I'm enraged." She say to her fiance. "We are supposed to be taking over ownership of NY Demons by now. Allison just had to ruin everything we worked hard to put in place." Katherine rant.

"I mean? I don't know what to say. That girl is bad luck." Chase frown.

"Talk about hallucinating about her mother asking her to kill Mr Jean. That's just crazy. She's indeed crazy. I blame this on Britney. If she would've taken her head off her ass she would've known better than letting crazy ass bitches with mental disorders join the squad." Katherine hiss.

Chase let out a heavy breath. "Well, we just have to call it a bad year. We lost. Mr Dwayne still owns majority shares of NY Demons. He still owns the team."

"Not for long." She say in deadpan look. "We will get the majority shares of NY Demon. We're laying low for now, at least for the rest of the season. But we will be reinforcing new strategy and plans for next year. Because next season, I WANT THAT MAJORITY SHARE OWNERSHIP!"

*********

Mr Dwayne shuts the office door behind him. He place his briefcase on the desk before sinking into the soft black chair behind the desk. He swing the chair from left to right while pondering on the wrap of events. He gets up and goes to the bookshelves and brings out the bug detector which is safely hidden behind the bookshelves. He puts it on and search all corners of his office to detect any bug planted in his office. When he is satisfied, he turns off the bug detector and place it back behind the shelves.

Mr Dwayne is a very careful man. He knows it's near impossible for anyone to break into his office undetected by the motion detector in his office, which will immediately send a signal to his phone wherever he is. But still, he sweeps his office with a bug detector every morning just to be sure. The last thing he wants is to make a business call in his office with someone listening somewhere.

He brusquely return to the seat after he finished the safety check, then he pulls out a bono phone from his breast pocket. After much consideration, he dials Mr Greg's number and slowly bring the bono phone to his ears.

"Hello sir." Mr Greg blurt through the phone.

"Listen," Mr Dwayne instruct sternly. "I want you to reach out to everyone involved in this Mr Jean-Pierre scandale. Tell everyone to lay low for now and to take a long vacation off of work, including yourself."

"Yes sir."

"The case may be over but it did cause a huge public awareness. That's why I want everyone off the grid for a while. Allison has taken the fall, but we need to give the public time to move on and talk about something else. That clear?"

"Yes sir. It's the best course for us all right now."

"This went as planned but I don't want another public shows like this again, except if absolutely necessary. And there's only one way to prevent another threat to my owning the majority shares of NY Demons."

"What are you thinking sir?" Mr Greg rumble.

"I may have retained ownership of NY Demons but I have a feeling it won't be for long before someone comes up with another plan to try and take over the majority ownership of the team. Which is why I'm going to buy every goddamn share of the NY Demons."

"How are we going to pull that off sir? It won't be easy to convince the shareholders to sell their shares."

"We don't have to convince them. They will be begging to sell their shares once they go bankrupted and are drowning in debts. That leaves us with one ultimate mission. Making every board of governor bankrupted."

"I can make that happen with the boards of governor who has ever gotten involved in an illegal deal or business, or a criminal Investments. But there a few who might have never had any illegal deals."

"If they don't have one, then we create one in their name." Mr Dwayne rumble.

"Okay sir. Seems like it's gonna be a very long vacation cause I'll need a lot of resources to pull this off." Mr Greg mumble.

"Do whatever you have to do by all means. I have to purchase the shares of every board of governor. Because next season, I WANT ABSOLUTE OWNERSHIP OF ALL SHARES!"

*********

Scraps of boots invade the long hallway as Allison walks in between her escorts. Inmates peek through the bars of their cell doors on both sides of the hallway, with both hands holding the bars. Dressed in yellow just like Allison, the inmates sneer on sight of guards escorting a new inmate.

The guard halts in front of a cell, causing Allison and the guard behind to stop. "Open cell 217, inmate on arrival." The guard in front says into his handheld transceiver.

"Cell 217 opening now." A voice respond through the speaker of the transceiver. The cell door buzzer alerts. The mental door rustle loudly as the door rails slide open.

"Go in." The guard order.

Allison abruptly walk into the cell. She looks around her, the unfamiliar walls of prison give her fright. She gasp as the door rails close. She felt her freedom shut out of her reach.

The guards turn around and walks away. Allison just stand by the door, both hands wrap around the bars of her cell. She slowly reflect on her life, what has become of it. Nothing makes sense but then, this is her reality now. She did kill Mr Jean-Pierre, and this is her punishment for it.

Life is unfair! Fate is cruel!

[The End]