Chapter 39: The Big Win

"All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy."

~Unknown

-Tuesday, November 22nd. 9:46am.

The board meeting holding in NY Demons conference room is engraved with the vigorous faces of board members, sitting around a long table, waiting for the secretary to announce the results of the vote they just casted. Having only three sport investors left out of the fifteen that intended to purchase the thirty percent stake of NY Demons on sale, it was tradition for the board members to decide who gets the stake through a closed vote.

The secretary enters the conference room with an envelop in her hand and two securities escorting her in. She mutter a greeting to the board members, waving the envelop in her hand she announces that she has the results of their votes. Everyone nods in approval as they have been on the wait. The air around the room isn't too tensed or eager, the pooling almost didn't seem like a competition between the investors and this is due to the fact that Mr Jean-Pierre is a more sophisticated sport investor compared to the other investors running against him, at least that's what most board members think.

The secretary clears her throat, slowly reaching her hand into the envelop, she holds out a paper, placing the empty envelop on the table. She unfolds the paper and adjust the lens sitting on the bridge of her nose in preparation to read.

"Uh, I have with me here the results from your voting some minutes ago. All protocol was followed and the result is a matter of fact accurately accounted for each investor how you voted accordingly..." She pause when Dr Thomson's phone rings out loud, earning him a dozen of scowling gazes.

He wave his hand in apology before pulling out his phone from his jetted pocket, he quickly silent it and gets up on his feet. "I have to take this, it's important." He excuse himself before leaving the conference room.

The secretary lowly curse under her breath before she continues with her speech. "Uh, so according to the results, Mr Jackson Raven has three votes. Mr Micheal McTaggart got two votes which leaves Mr Jean-Pierre with the most votes, and he secured six votes." She looks up as everyone applauds to the results.

Mr Dwayne jammed his hands together with the least enthusiasm. No one could tell whether he is excited about Mr Jean-Pierre emerging winner or not. How could they? They don't even know who he voted for.

"Mr Jean-Pierre is officially the newest stake holder of the team." The secretary continues. "He now own thirty percent stake of NY Demons. Thank you." She takes a seat after she finish.

The governor of the team, Mr Dwayne gets up to comment on the verdict they have reached for the stake on sale. Looking smart in his business suits, he adjusts his suit before starting off with his speech.

"Finally, we have reached a verdict on the stake on sale. You all know it has been a long year scrutinizing the number of sports Investors opting to purchase the open thirty percent stake of NY Demons. Month after month the list was narrowed until this day, where only one investor is standing."

All eyes dart towards the door as it flings open. Mr Thompson briskly walk into the conference room. He nod at Mr Dwayne, "Sorry about that, it was my wife. She had a little situation at home but it's all good now." He explain and quickly walk back to his seat.

Few faces scowled at him for the rude and unnecessary distraction, others simply felt nonchalant disregarding his apology all the same. They slowly turn their attention back to Mr Dwayne.

"As I was saying before uh, the little distraction." Mr Dwayne continues, "According to the verdict we've reached, the thirty percent stake will be sold to Mr Jean-Pierre."