Chapter 37: Once Beaten Twice Shy

"All it takes to do everything is a determined woman."

~Unknown

-Tuesday, September 6th. 11:55pm.

"Are you sure you're ready for this interview?" Jasmine jumps in front of Allison, coming in between her and the door to the interview room of Elle magazine.

"You're my manager and you're worried about me, I gerrit. But I have to do this interview, I'll be a joke if I don't. I have to say something about what happened last week. I may have flopped at the
Squad's Captain competitions, but I'm still the Demon Girl of the year. I'm still the face of NY Demons Girls. Being on the media is my responsibility."

"Remember, you have to stick to the speech I wrote for you. You were so busy rehearsing for the event and you forgot to take your medications. That's why you felt lightheaded and fell during your routine."Jasmine lectures her.

Allison nods, taking in her manager's instructions.

"The world doesn't need to know you flopped at the competitions because you were shocked to see your mother there. No one need to know your mother has a strong Christian faith and she never knew you dance in a secular dance squad" Jasmine continue.

"Relax. I got this." Allison assures. "I told you the truth about what happened that night because you're my manager and I trust you. I'd never tell it to the world. I'm still the NY Demon Girl of the year, people shouldn't know me for such petty story." Allison smirk.

Letting out a deep breath, Jasmine nudge Allison's side. "You're a strong lady and you're definitely ready for this interview. You totally deserve this Elle cover interview" Jasmine say soothingly, moving out of the Allison's way. She opens the door, gesturing for Allison to go in.

"Thank you." Allison say, and walks in majestically.

The stage is all set, two seats are placed side by side, facing the cameras and media crew. Allison joins the interviewer on stage, sitting besides her. The custom team are on set. They start to retouch Allison's face.

"Five minutes before airing, let's go!" The crew director announces.

Jasmine goes to sit with the rest of the crew off the stage. Her phone beep, notifying her of a message. Pulling out her phone from her purse, she opens the message.

Unknown number: 10:54am:
Ding dong! Alas new born is set.
Meet and greet to the handler.

Jasmine let out a muffled breath, she close her eyes as she mentally interprets the coded message. A sigh of relief run through her body, her work is almost done at last. Allison has been fun to handle but it's time to move to other businesses.

*********

"Jasmine! Thank you for coming in such short notice." Greg greets as his secretary ushers Jasmine into his office.

"Just doing my job" Jasmine huff out.

"Please" Mr Greg say, waving her to a seat.

She settles herself in the fluffy seat, adjusting slightly to get comfortable in it. She looks around the office, some changes has definitely taken place. The whole office has been repainted in white. The painting of Mr Greg and his wife which usually hung above the book shelves at the left interior is replaced by a photo of Mr Greg alone. His desk is moved backwards and switched to a vertical position, giving him a good window view from his office. Two couches are placed in the centre of his office, opposite of each other.