Chapter 34: Lust In Pleasure

"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."

~Aristotle

-Monday, August 29th. 3:45pm.

"Give me one good reason why I should come to your house tonight"

"Uh, because I asked?"

Her back leaning on her locker, Allison's eyes locks with Hunter's. She bite her lower lip like she is pondering whether to accept Hunter's invitation or not. But deep down, she already knows what her answer would be. She just wants to add a little bit of drama.

Hunter's lip curls up, revealingly a mischievous smirk. He knows she would accept his invite, he could tell from her bewailed eyes. He stare down on her, intensely, his huge figure towering over hers.

"You know you want to come Barbie." Hunter smirk.

"How do you know that?" She defend.

"I'll pick you up by 8, tonight" Hunter say nonchalantly as he start to walk out of the locker room.

"I can drive myself ya know?" Allison calls out.

Slowing down his pace, he looks over his shoulder. "Alright then. You go ahead and drive yourself, as long as I see your cute ass in my bedroom." He croak, sending her a quick wink before leaving the locker room.

Allison watch Hunter disappear into the hallways. Her insides were already tightening the whole time Hunter was flirting with her. As soon as he was out of sight, she let out a breath she didn't realise she was holding.

"I like that he knows how to hit it." Allison thought aloud.

*********

Katherine and her fiance arrives at Kathy's. Chase pulls up his SUV at Katherine's reserved parking space. They climb down the SUV and Chase locks the car. He goes round the car, and wraps an arm around her waist, leading her to the restaurant.

Chase slides the front door open, allowing Katherine to go in first, then he follows closely behind. Katherine walks past the front counter straight to her favourite table by the window. They settle themselves at the table, and a waitress walks up to them almost immediately.

"Good day ma'am, sir?." She slightly bow as she greets the couple. "What would you like to have?"

Katherine stare blankly at the waitress, unimpressed with her service. This face of hers, the waitress finds difficult to decipher, which made her uncomfortable a bit. But she manage to wear a smile on her face.

"A bottle of Petite Sirah" Katherine say nonchalantly. "Also, uh, taco rice for me"

The waitress nods, then turns to Chase to take his order.

"Mac and cheese please. I'm fine with the Petite Sirah." Chase smile softly at the waitress.

Nodding her head, she leaves the couple. Chase pulls up the cuff of his shirt and stare at his watch. Sighing lowly, he gets comfortable in his chair while Katherine scrolls through her phone. Kathy's is particularly quieter than usual. The evening's serenity in the restaurant was filled with a blissful solitude.

The waitress returns with a tray carrying two wine glasses and a bottle of Petite Sirah. She place the bottle on the table, then a glass in front of Katherine, and the other for Chase. Nodding slightly, she croak "your meal will be ready in a bit"

"Thank you" Chase say in a sooth and dismisses the waitress. He pops the wine open, and pour some liquor in Katherine's glass, then in his before placing the bottle back on the table. Katherine takes her glass and sips from it, humming to the fine taste.

Chase clears his throat, "As I was saying" he continue, "we're this close to taking over NY Demons" he demonstrate the closeness with his thumb and first finger. "Now there are only three investors remaining, and I know for a fact that the other two stands no chance against Mr Jean-Pierre."

"That's a sign. Things are definitely going as planned." Katherine smug.

"Indeed." Chase nod. "Three months more and the New York Demons will have a new owner."

"Owners" Katherine corrects, lowering her eyes.

"Of cause babe" He takes her hand in his, squeezing it gently. "It's you and I all the way. We're in this together"

"Forever yours" Katherine pur.

"And I forever yours, my ride or die" He planting a soft kiss on the back of her hand, smiling lovingly at her. She returns the smile, in so much snuggery.

The waitress returns with their meal. She places the taco rice for Katherine, and the Mac and Cheese for Chase. Taking a small bow, she leaves the couples to enjoy their meal for the rest of the evening.