Chapter 40: Rebound

"Never use a guy to forget another. Use two or three."

~Unknown

-Tuesday, November 22nd. 4:22pm.

There she is!
The one girl in NY Demon Girls who makes his heart race and his eyes flutter whenever he catches a glimpse of her. Allison!

His eyes takes a quick travel down her body detailing the glory of every bit of her stunning physique. Her long legs perfectly straight and poise. Her sleek white skin effulge with the droplets of water dripping down her body. She tug at the hem of her swimsuit adjusting it a bit, her belly button ring pops into view flickering in the evening sunlight. He slowly trail his eyes back up but freezes when he met an arched brow and a pair of questioning eyes looking back at him. He hiccups, embarrassed of being busted for eyefucking her.

"Allison." He breathe, running his hand through his thick hair. "Hi."

"Well hello to you too?" She tease, then goes over to stand beside him. She rest her back on the gangway, and gives him a sheepish look.

"I wasn't looking, for anyone in particular." He say when he suddenly remember he didn't answer her question earlier.

"Oh yeah?" Her brow arch as if to say but I caught you looking around.

He smile when he doesn't know how to respond to that but quickly realise his smile gave away more than he said. He admitted to her that he was looking for someone but refused to say who. She laughs at his weak defence but settles to let him have this one.

"I actually wanted to say uh, this is one hell of an after party. I may have not been on the Squad for years but I, have been long enough to know that there ain't ever been a party like this. This is different, the sea makes it unique."

"Thank you. I actually wanted the party away from my house. Yeah I know house parties is a thing of NY Demons but I don't want people bumping into my house."

"Oh?" Allison flickers her eyes in attempt to decipher what he said. "You like your space huh?"

"That's one way to look at it."

"Who would've thought." She mumble lowly, but he hears her anyways.

"Hard to believe?" He raise a questioning brow at her.

"Well yeah, I mean, for a basketball player who's father happens to own NY Demons, one would think you'll be such a show off."

"Show off?" His voice comes out thrilled and disappointed.

She shrug her shoulders defensively. "It's typical. Most guys who's fathers are big business men often feel entitled to their father's wealth and they show off and stuffs. I mean look at you, your father owns NY Demons, you could be the next owner after him."

Blake scoff at the last thing she said. If he were a girl, he'd probably roll his eyes too. He looks her deep in the eye, the seriousness in his eyes and voice cannot be mistaken. "Ally, now that you mentioned it, I don't know who else is thinking the same way but I have no intentions of being my father or joining his line of business. I've always loved to play basketball since I was a kid. Growing up as a teenager, all I wanted was to join the NY Demons and this was way before my father became governor of the team. It's just a sad coincidence that he is the owner of my team now."

"Wow." Allison stun, "I had no idea it is like that. I mean, wouldn't your father want you to be a sport investor like him?"

"We've been over that, I'm not interested in being a sport investor. I just wanna do what I love to do, play basketball. That's the only dream I ever had. My step brother is the one following our father's legacy." His face goes pale on mentioning his step brother.