Chapter 14: Déjà vu

“Ambition is enthusiasm with a purpose.”

~Frank Tyger

-Wednesday, February 2nd. 8:40am.

Blake drives his new SUV Max into the parking lot. He was searching for an empty space to pull up when his eyes falls on a familiar brunette walking out of the parking lot. He quickly poke his head out of the car window to be sure it was her.

"Hey, Demon Girl!" He call out. A couple of girls so their towards him but resume their business when they discover it's not then Blake called out for.

The brunette twirl around, her eyes meets Blake's.

"M-me?" Chandelier stutter

Blake  quickly pull up in an empty parking space and turn off his car ignition. He hoop out of the car and advance towards Chandelier.

"Demon Girl huh?" She arch an eyebrow, as it occur to her that he probably wanna ask about Allison.

"Uh, I am uh, sorry. I..."

"Forgot my name" She complete the sentence for him.

He let out an uneasy smile and run his finger through his hair. Chandelier hold back a tempting laugh. She see the effect of her taunt on him and he is so nervous, maybe he's not very good at conversing with women.

"I was just teasing" she snicker. "I'm Chandelier by the ways"

"Right Chandelier. I'm sorry to bother you this morning but I was uh, wondering if uhm, have you seen Allison? The last time I saw you two, she said she is a Demon Girl. But uh, I didn't see her dance with Demon Girls at the game yesterday"

"Yeah, I'm sorry but she's out of the team. We had a re-audiction last week, and she didn't show up on time. I miss her so bad" Chandelier hiccup.

"Are you serious? I had no idea that happened. Have you heard from her since then?" He croak

"I called, but she barely picks up and never calls back" Chandelier mumble

"Did something happen to her? Is she okay?" He press on

"Each time I ask she always say she's fine. I don't know why she's tryna act tough, I mean, it's just awkward" she shrug

"Can you give me her number? I just want to check on her" he say groggily

Chandelier shrug her shoulders, "I don't know. I'll have to ask her first"

"That wouldn't be necessary" a voice say behind them.

They both snap their heads towards the voice, their eyes widen at the sight of Allison. Chandelier run to her and throw herself on her, hugging her tight. She laugh heartily and path Chandelier on her back.

"Allison, I missed you" Chandelier huff out

"I think I can say me too" Allison teased

"Hey" Blake greet, causing both girls to turn their attention to him.

"Hey Blake" Allison nod at him. "You asking after me huh?"

"Yeah, I didn't see you at the game yesterday. So I asked your friend and she told me you are out of the squad"

"Not anymore" Allison blurt

"What?" Chandelier gasp, "What are you talking about?"

"I said not anymore" Allison repeat in a high pitch

"So you're back on the squad?" Chandelier crease her brows

"Reinstated" Allison say proudly

"Wow? How did that happen?" Chandelier ask in surprise