Chapter 38: The Confrontation

"Sometimes confrontation is necessary to avoid situations that confrontation can't fix."

~Unknown

-Friday, September 17th. 7:26am.

"Hello" Allison rasp over the phone.

"Ally," Mrs kringle breath, pain heard all over her voice.

"Mom, I am so sorry. I wanted to explain but you wouldn't take my calls for weeks. I know you probably hate me now but you've gotta..."

I don't hate you. I can never hate you. You're my baby."

"Oh, mom." Allison sob.

"What I saw may be disheartening but I don't hate you. I can't understand why you chose this kind of job. I just don't recognise you anymore." Mrs kringle weep over the phone.

"Mom I'm sorry, but you've gotta understand. This is who I am now. I'm a dancer, and I love what I do. Everything that happened in Oregon changed me. You know what happened to me, how humiliated I was..."

"But an exotic dancer?" Mrs kringle whine. "You could have chosen anything in the world but you chose to dance butt naked for the world to see. That's not how I brought up my little girl. I taught you better than that."

"I'm sorry for disappointing you mom, I really am. I never wanted you to find out the way you did. I wanted to tell you, I just couldn't find the right moment. I thought about coming back home at the end of the season. I could never put you in the dark, you know that right?"

"I'm not sure what I know anymore. I love you my baby girl but I don't know you anymore. This is not a Christian way of living." She sobs lowly.

"I'm not going back to being a nobody. I have lived that life, being faithful and everything and my friends still betrayed me. They slept with my fiances because they knew I was that helpless girl. I showed my exes love and honesty, how did they repay me? By cheating and lying to me. I'm sorry mom but there's no way I'm going back to being that girl."

"How does dancing and stripping fix what happened to you?"

"It made me famous, and rich, and strong, powerful, in control. I'm happy with what I do. I can't make you accept it but I just want you to be happy for me. For once in my life I'm in control of what happens to me, I have the money and the power now."

"I heard you loud and clear. You've made your decisions and you'll be responsible for it. I can't deny the fact that you're a grown lady, you can make your own mistakes and choices. I'll always be your mother, and I'll always be here for you."

"I've always wanted to hear those words. Thank you for believing in me, and for understanding that I have to make my own choices." Allison pause when she remember the question that had always been on her mind. "Mom, how did you afford a front row VIP ticket? How did you know about the competitions?"

"What? No!" Mrs kringle's voice ricochet over the phone. "I didn't pay for any ticket. I got an invitation, I don't know from who, no name was stated on it. It says you're having a competition in New York City and they'd love me to come cheer you up. I liked the idea of surprising my baby girl, so I accepted the invite."

"Who could've done that?l" Allison wonder aloud. "Doesn't make any sense."

"Maybe a friend of yours, or your boss, or even a fan of yours. Could be anybody, I guess they were thoughtful to invite me."

"That's not what I mean. I'm just surprised how they found you. I'm gonna found out who paid for those tickets. The person got some explaining to do."

"You mad that I was invited!" Mrs kringle wheeze.