Chapter 24: Link The Dots

"Killing ain't fair, but someone gotta do it."

~2pac Shakur

-Saturday, July 2nd. 12:10pm.

Nicole sits at Katherine's favorite table at Kathy's, taking sips of his Scotch. He looks at his wristwatch, sighing out, he murmur.

"She's never late"

He frown when he finish his drink minutes later, and Katherine is yet to arrive. He ponder on getting another drink, then he looks out though the taint glass and sees Katherine walking into the restaurant.

"Finally" he huff out.

She slides the taint glass open, and walks in. Giving him a small nod, she grabs a chair and sits across from him.

"I had to do a handover at the Gym, since Allison is Demon Girl of the year" she quickly explain, scoffing out the last part.

"Yeah, what's up with that?" Nicole crease his brows. "I got home last night only to see a new face all over social medias as Demon Girl of the year"

"That's what happen when you underestimate a cunt" Katherine spit out through clench teeth.

"So, it's your bad?" Nicole quarry.

"Yeah, sadly it is" Katherine mumble. "I mean, I knew she was ambitious, I guess I was thinking she's too inexperienced to steal my spot, at least not yet. Well joke's on me because she hit me right in the gut"

"Isn't she the same girl I hacked into her email some months ago? Wasn't she cut off the squad?" Nicole ask.

"Yeah, she was. Brittney reinstated her under the instructions of Mr Dwayne" Katherine complain.

"That's fucked up" Nicole croak. "I supposed she's the reason we're here"

Katherine nods to that, tapping her fingers on the table thoughtfully. Nicole notice the uncertainty on her face, and he decide to ask the question on his mind.

"Then what's the guarantee that she won't be reinstated if you kick her out again?" Nicole croak, shrugging his shoulders.

"She found a way to be reinstated once, I know she'll do it again. But not if she leaves the squad at her own will" Katherine point out.

"You wanna make her leave the squad by herself after she just became Demon Girl of the year? How are we gonna do that? The only way I see that happening is if she have a personal problem with staying in the squad"

"That's why we're going to create one. We're gonna pull off something that'll make her so ashamed and embarrassed that she can't stay on the Squad" Katherine blurt. "We will create a personal problem for her"

"Okay? What do you need me to do?" He inquire.

"I managed to notice something about her last night, she seemed rather uneasy when Brittney asked about her family. I'm positive that she's got family problems" Katherine affirm.

"We're searching for histories? Cool, can I get to a computer? I'll get you what you need in five minutes" Nicole affirm.

"Yeah, there's a computer in my office" she reply. "Come with me" she command, getting up and leading the way to her office. Nicole follows her.

They take the stairs to the first floor, walking down an hallway with many doorways. Reaching her office, she opens the door and they go in.

She point to the computer setup on her desk. He nod in approval, stepping over to the desk, he draws out a seat for himself. When he is sitted, he entwine his fingers, stretching them as they snap one after the other.