Chapter 36: The Squad Captain

"Competitions brings out the best in products and the worst in people."

~David Sarnoff

-Friday, September 2nd. 10:15pm.

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to stage, the New York Demon Girls!" Pete Lawrence bellow on the microphone.

The audience roar in cheer, giving a standing ovation. The curtains parts, revealing the pretty ladies in blue and white sequence gown, just above their knee. The walk to the state in a single file. Katherine as the captain was first as usual. They hold each other's hands and takes a bow. The audience is still applauding cheerily.

Pete passes a mic to Katherine, which she accept and await the cheer from the audience to subside.

"Hi, My name is Katherine Maxwell, and I'm 25. I am the season's Captain. I've always live to dance for as long as I can remember. I'll be performing an American Latin inspired dance."

The audience cheer once again. Katherine passes the mic to next girl beside her, Kourtney.

"Hi everyone, my name's Kourtney Morrison. I'm 22. This is my second year as a Demon Girl. And tonight, I'll be performing a hip-hop dance."

A round of applauds fill the air as Kourtney passes the mic to Allison.

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen. My name is Allison kringle. I'm 23, and I know I'm supposed to say my performance for tonight, but I'm gonna reserve it for later. I've worked so hard preparing a routine, and I would like to present it as a surprise to everyone. Thank you"

The audience applaud in amazement. The cheering is long enough to make Katherine red hot in anger, but of cause she has a beautiful smile on her face to cover it perfectly.

Allison passes the mic to Sasha. And in no time, all the girls takes turn to introduce themselves and their performance. They take a bow and leaves the stage.

"Ladies and gentlemen, The weekend is in the building!" Pete announce, and the audience goes loud in cheers as The Weekend comes on stage.

"New York City, make some noise?!" The weekend scream. The audience gives the louder scream.

"We love you!" A voice shriek from the audience.

"I love you too" The weekend say, facing the direction the voice came from. Turning to the band, he signal them, "let's go."

The band starts to play, and the audience cheer.

The girls are in the back stage vibing with the song. The performance goes on for half an hour before The weekend finish his performance. The audience scream and applaud as he leaves the stage.

"That was one hell of a performance" Pete bellow as he goes back on stage. "Now for the first dance routine of tonight's competition, please welcome the first performer, Katherine Maxwell!"

Katherine comes on stage and takes a bow, while the audience scream. She starts off her dance with a Latin swing dance. She is relentless and creative while maintaining the Latin swing moves.

Katherine ends her dance in a bow. She leaves the stage while the audience is still screaming. Allison is called up next. She takes a bow and performs a classic Salsa dance. The audience cheer as she ends her routine. All the girls finish their first performance while the audience cheer loudly.

Pete takes the stage while the girls back rush to the dressing room, to prepare to the main routine. They quickly retouch their makeover, and then change into their personal costumes.