Chapter 39: The Big Win

Start from the beginning

The board members applaud, nodding their heads in agreement. Mr Dwayne waves his hand signalling for silence before he continues.

"So next week there'll be a welcome party to officially welcome Mr Jean-Pierre as a board member of NY Demons. It's a private party strictly by invitation of course. The venue will be disclosed to the invited guests later in the week. Thank you all so much for your participation. So this will be the end of the meeting."

Nodding to him, they all pack up their stuffs and begin heading out of the conference room one after the other.

*********

The basketball pitch is particularly quieter than usual. A consuming silence linger among the audience as they watch the final game of the season in silence. So silent one would think the seats are empty. Nike's Kobe 6 sneakers creak in contact with the floor, filling the air with squeaky sounds which awkwardly is the only noise heard throughout the game arena. Players running around the pitch panting, hustling to take possession of the ball.

Blake gets hold of the ball. The Lakers point guard tackles him as he approach the 3 points line. Dribbling pass the point guard, Blake takes a shot but it misses. This gives the point guard the opportunity to grab the ball and dribble to the front court. He scores a basket outside the 3 point line. The referee awards 3 point to the Lakers.

After several unsuccessful attempts to score a basket, the referee signal for half time. The New Orleans Lakers are leading the New York Demons with 5 points. The players returns to the sidelines, the Lakers wore big smug across their faces as they head to the bench. The coach pass bottles of water to the players and they take gulps to quench their taste. It's not often one see an away team winning in NY Demon's home arena.

Blake is particularly downcast, he hates himself for not outreaching the ball from the Lakers shooting guard. He had his chances but the shooting guard acted smarter. He bite his lower lip, head casted down as he slowly walk to the sidelines, completely absent minded when Allison in midst of other Demon Girls walks pass him into the pitch.

For some reasons, Allison notice that Blake is not staring at usual and she is thankful for that. She has always find his stares too intense and uncomfortable. Like a sword piercing into her soul, his eyes would gawk at her from the sidelines. But not today. To Allison's relief he is distracted by the match.

Katherine stands in front with Allison on her right and Kim on her left. The rest dancers forms a semi circle around the three. They take their formations as rehearsed and goes on one knee. The music comes on, Allison and Kim ducks allowing Katherine to climb on their their shoulders. She does a backflip mid air, Allison and Kim catches her before she reach the floor.

The crowd scream cheerily, waving flags as the girls dance.

The dancers pair in twos and dance simultaneously. They swing their hips and clapped their hands uniformly. They form three groups and lift the front dancers. The first group lifted Katherine to stand on their shoulders. The second group lifted Allison, and the third group lifted Kim. Alex and Kourtney dances to both extremes of the pitch, Alex on the left side and Kourtney on the right. They backflip continuously until they reach the opposite sides of where they started.

The three groups throw the girls up to support them as Katherine, Allison and Kim does a backflip in the air. The group catches them as they landed. They rearrange into three lines, hands resting on their knees as they twerk. They turn around, knees bend as they spank their butts and throw a kiss at the audience behind them.

The audience applauded at the dancers as they round up their routine in a bow. They leave the pitch, returning to their seats on the sideline.

The referee calls for the second half to begin. The players slowly returns to the pitch. The game kicks off on the referee's accord. Hunter has position of the ball, but before he could make any moves, the Lakers are already onto him.