Episode 8 - Mr. Roboto

Start from the beginning

"There's more to the Great Devourer than you've led on, isn't there, Sensei?" Zane says.

Uncle Wu sighs. "I too have obstacles within my own heart. There is a story I've never told you. Long ago, when I was a young boy, Garmadon and I were more than brothers: we were the best of friends."

"Wait a minute. Now I know you two were brothers, but really? The King of Cruelty, the Doer of Destruction, the Captain of Chaos, and you two were friends," Jay rudely interrupts.

I shoot him a glare. "That's my Father you're talking about!"

"Please, no interruptions," Uncle says, glaring at both of us. I roll my eyes and he continues. "You see, he did not always have a wicked heart-"

"Wait what?" I blurt.

Uncle glares at me and I mumble a quick 'sorry' before he continues. "One day, I lost this very Katana. Knowing our father would be mad, my brother told me to go retrieve it. But I refused. He told me not to put off what can be done today and went to get it himself." His voice lowers in sadness. "When my father found him, he was very ill, for he was bitten by a legendary snake that would continue to grow forever as long as it consumes. A great evil had found its way into my brother's heart, for the snakes venom could turn the purest of things wicked. The snake is the same one the Serpentine want to reawaken today. It is the snake that took my brother away from me."

"So the Great Devourer turned your brother into the Dark Lord?" Kai asks.

Uncle nods. "It was all my fault. You four have finished your training. You must now focus on stopping Pythor from collecting the Fangblades. But never lose focus on the obstacles that lie within each of your hearts that holds you back from true greatness. Unlock your True Potential."

"But how are we supposed to do that, Sensei?" Zane asks.

"It is up to each of you to discover," He says, glancing pointedly at each of us, "Now I must go on a personal journey of my own."

"Where are you going?" Jay shouts.

"To a place you cannot follow."

"If you're going for Lloyd, the City of Ouroboros is filled with hundreds of Serpentine. You'll never do it alone," Cole argues.

"I am going to find someone who can be of aid," Wu replies, glancing over at me, "The Serpentine have united and grown stronger and we will need all the help we can get."

~

"Oh, this is silly!" Zane groans.

Cole rolls his eyes as he staples another 'missing fangblade' poster to the light post. "You have any better ideas?"

"Hey, maybe Sensei is gonna go get the Samurai for help," Jay says.

"The Samurai? I'm sure she's- I mean, he's busy looking for the Fangblades as well," Kai replies rubbing the back of his neck.

"Is everything all right?" Cole asks, glancing between Nya and Kai who stand suspiciously close.

"Yeah, yeah. Why wouldn't it be?"

Nya nods. "One hundred percent. We're not hiding anything!"

I roll my eyes and shake my head at the two. They're not doing a very good job at hiding Nya's secret identity. "They probably have some sort of secret sibling bet," I say sarcastically. They send me grateful glances.

"Hey weirdo. You're making a mess of my store front. Yoo-hoo! You got a problem?" We all turn to see Zane drop the flyers on the man's property. "Maybe I should teach you a lesson on manners!" he threatens.