When the rain drops touched the wolfs fur, he regained his composure. Einar finally had his control back but after seeing what he had done, he wished he disappeared forever. With a howl to the sky Einar changed into his human and slowly but hesitatingly stretched his hand out to reach for his mate and help him get up.

The ground beneath was drenched in crimson red while the clouds bellowed as if they were in pain. Callan just looked keenly at the hands of the man standing in front of him. How can a man be without any shame! After putting him through this misery, entering the match purposefully and squashing his dream, disparaging him in front of the entire society; how could Einar still stand tall and expect him to give his hand!

Callan turned his face to his right in disgust "I want Aurora." he said nonchalantly.

Einar shamefully nodded his head and agreed at once. He linked his men to call for the healer. The crowd in the meanwhile was overjoyed as they cheered and hailed their alpha in great respect. They believed it was a fitting reply to the non shifter of the pack to show him his place.

Moments later Aurora arrived at the scene. She kneeled besides her friend and carefully uplifted Callan to her shoulders. She desperately hugged him and sobbed her heart out for Callan's pain. She looked to her side at the alpha and shook her head in anger, disagreement clear on her face. She knew that what Callan went through was not justified. The entire pack had conspired against him, berated him, humiliated him.

"Take me to the cottage." Callan said at once.

"But Cally the announcements are yet to be done."

Callan closed his eyes shut as the wounds on his heart were aching more than those on his body. "I don't care anymore. Just take me away please. I beg you."

Einar could see no more as he went ahead to take his seat with a bowed head and a broken heart. Callan managed to stand on his feet, he whirled his eyes to the audience and looked at the two distraught figures who would have to share his burden of shame for their life- his parents. They were devastated, they were broken. Callan mouthed a sorry to them and went ahead with Aurora amidst the booing and taunting of the people.

****

The cold rock around Callan was stationary, yet sometimes he felt that they were closing in on him. The air which breezed through the river refreshed his thoughts a bit until he was dragged to the shameful memories of the horrible day. He had been aloof from everyone since a week. He had been recuperating alone with only Aurora knowing about his whereabouts.

Callan was distant; reserved; detached from the world. He felt like a clump of dirty moss that could never go out in the sunlight. The events of the trials had maligned his honor. His entire life he was tormented, secluded and torchered through various ways. Yet he faced it all and came out as a stronger man. The only happiness he felt was with Viola but even that source was taken away from him.

Since his birth he was fed with dreams to one day follow his fathers footsteps and be a leader in his own right. However his aspirations were brutally strangulated when the top leader cheated his way to kill Callans dreams.

Up until this point he wasn't even surprised by the on and off behaviour of Einar, but to reach such a low so as to defeat a human by any means was not the quality of a good alpha.

He was a bad leader. A bad man.

Callan's ears perked when he heard the rustling of bushes behind the rock. He looked to his side and saw Aurora with a bowl and a spoon in her hand. She quietly kept the food in front of him and put her hand on his shoulder. "How are you feeling?"

Callan dejectedly shrugged.

"You cant be here forever. Some day or the other you have to come out in public and face the real world."