Chapter Seventeen: Unforgivable Happenings

Start from the beginning

Umbridge lost her composure for a minute. It returned quickly, “You two,” she began in a very dangerous voice, “are about to learn what happens to wrong doers at my school.”

George spoke this time, “No, I don’t think we will.”

“You see,” Fred began explaining, “We won’t be staying.”

“I feel we’ve out grown school, what do you think Fred?”

“I agree. I think our talents could be used elsewhere.”

Umbridge looked back and forth between the two of them, confusion on her face. They raised their hands in unison and called ’Accio Brooms.’ There was a distant crash that was soon followed by the arrival of Fred and George’s broomsticks. Their brooms stopped right beside their masters and the twins mounted them.

“We won’t be seeing you,” Fred said as he kicked off, “and don’t bother keeping in touch.”

George threw Alison a small wink before following his brother, “If anyone would like to purchase a portable swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, visit us at number ninety-three, Diagon Alley – Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes!” He said loudly, “Our new premises.”

Alison let out a laugh of both relief and delight.

Fred turned to Peeves, “Give her hell, from us.” And Peeves, smiling slightly removed his hat from his head and bowed to Fred. Then they took off out the big oak doors. A majority of the crowd spilled out onto the lawn after them, cheering until they could no longer be seen. Ginny appeared at Alison’s shoulder, “Mum is going to kill them.”

Fred and George’s artistic escape was talked about for days. The tale soon reached a height of complete nonsense. Alison was positive it would go down in Hogwarts history. The swamp in the corridor was another story all its own. Fred and George had failed to leave instructions on removing it. And though Alison was certain Professor Flitwick or McGonagall could remove it easily, they let Umbridge stress over it. Eventually she gave up on removing the swamp and gave Filch the job of boating students to their classes. Alison found this quite amusing.

Alison hadn’t spoken with Snape since the night Umbridge caught them. She still wasn’t sure what he had mouthed at her as she was pulled away, and she was too scared to approach him outside of class. Umbridge was watching Alison like a hawk.

Though she missed George quite a lot, and even Fred a little bit Alison enjoyed the number of students trying to take their place as school prankster. However, nobody was as brilliant as the twins. Yet dungbombs were dropped more often than not and somehow nifflers kept finding their way into Umbridge’s office. The best part was however how seriously Peeves had taken Fred’s parting words. He caused chaos at all hours of the day, laughing gleefully as he did so.

Even though Alison enjoyed watching Peeves and other students cause Umbridge to go prematurely grey, she barely had time for it. The final Qudditch match was set for the last weekend of May and Angelina was determined to win it. She kept them on the field almost constantly, only stopping to study for her N.E.W.T.S. The morning of the match that would determine the House Cup Alison woke quite glad she wouldn’t have to be on the Quidditch pitch till next fall after today.

The final match was Gryffindor versus Ravenclaw and nobody expected the Gryffindors to win except for Angelina. Their bad support was based mostly, though no one would ever tell, on Ron’s poor keeping skills. After a hurried breakfast Angelina led her team out onto the pitch. She was in a gleeful mood, though Alison wasn’t quite sure if her faith in her team was real or not.

They changed quickly into the Quidditch robes and sat on the benches waiting for Angelina’s pep talk. Alison looked over at Ron. He was a lovely shade of green. “We’re doomed.” She said under her breath to Ginny.