When Callan saw the man in front of him, he was shocked. Never in their life had the two of them fought each other. Callan was weak and out of breath. Moreover his injuries added to his woes. How was it fair for him to face the strongest wolf in the entire pack in such a condition! Callan was sure that even in his good health he could not defeat the alpha. He was dumbstruck when the announcer declared Einar as his new opponent.

 When he saw the raging figure approaching him Callan almost pleaded "Please don't do this. You will ruin everything for me!"

Einar huffed in his anger "You left me no choice."

Callan gasped as the very next moment Einar made a dash towards the man and threw him flying to a distance with just a tuck of his shoulder. Callan fell back on his injured leg and groaned in pain amidst the cheering of the crowd. He steadily stood up on his wobbly feet and took a long breath to calm himself. He concluded that there was no other way to come out of this than to fight the alpha. Since Einar decided to fight in the human form he was partially relieved. He took a mental note on the accessories he had right now. A metal staff attached to his back, a few darts, a rope, a dagger and some meditated dust. He gathered some courage and both the men went at it again.

A sudden wild reaction rose from the audience as Einar approached Callan. The latter deceived the alpha with a handful of dust. He threw the powder aiming the eyes of the alpha. Einar in the very next instant was rendered helpless as a strange irritation surged through his eyes and he lost his coordination. Callan took advantage of the moment and flew his darts right at Einar's legs till the alpha was on his knees moaning in pain. He then fastened Einar's hands tightly together and pierced the dagger right at Einar's flesh which joined his head and shoulders.

 The alpha roared in agony but the move seemed to infuriate him even more.

Callan was bewildered when he saw that the tightly knit ropes were thawed by the pure muscular strength of the alpha. Einar stood on his feet with angry eyes. His nostrils flared once again as he charged at Callan with a growl. No sooner Callan came from his shock did an iron fist collided with his jaw. He felt the pain and saw the second blow come for his abdomen. Blow after blow Einar exploded every part of the body deemed fit as per any warriors etiquettes. The hits had such a force that Callan's ribs were almost dismantled, his eyes bulged while his shirt was tore open showing his crimson patched wounds all over his torso. All this while Callan was trying hard to save himself from the onslaught but his senses were giving up soon.

Callan sunk to Einar's stomach and threw up some blood. His eyes were swollen while more blood pooled in his mouth. A sensation of sting bees rang through his head as he made his one final attempt, a sloppy fist aiming nowhere in particular.. 

Einar was chagrined. Even in this condition his mate was not ready to quit. He held Callan's neckband with one of his hands and brought him up, levelling him to stand face to face. Callan's eyes were barely open while his lips were oozing blood from the cuts. His once beautiful face was now decorated in scarlet, red liquid. It ached Einar to do this but he had to fulfill his duty for his people. Without thinking twice he fisted his other hand to swung it back and force it down to Callan's face for the final blow.

With feathers black as tar, the Raven hovered around the alpha with a sickly caw. Einar's movement was suddenly interrupted as he let go of Callan and focused solely on the approaching bird. The raven flapped its ebony feathers and landed the first attack on Einar's face with its sharp beak. Though Einar was taken aback for a moment he was contemplating the attack of the bird to be trivial. However the strike of the bird brought a burning pain to the area which it hit. The sting was excruciatingly painful and was not subsiding. The bird was swift in its movements and surprisingly faster. Moreover, every attack the bird made took Einar by surprise as he was weakening in his stance. He was irritated and extremely infuriated at the raven.