"Even if what you say is possible, he cannot face those number of people in the ring tomorrow. I mean it is mentally and physically taxing even for a wolf." Garrick reasoned.

"You dont think the thought wouldn't have crossed his mind. He must have anticipated this onslaught already and made plans accordingly."

Garrick narrowed his eyes "You talk as if you are sure he is going to win."

"You don't know him as I do." Einar almost whispered "Once he sets his eyes onto something he will do everything in his power to make sure he gets what he wants."

"What about your beasts? Will they be all right when they see their mate in the battle field."

"The demon for some reason has been eerily quite for the past few days." Einar sighed "It is the wolf I am worried about."

"What if it jumps in the middle of the ring and goes on a killing spree."

"I have arranged a temporary solution for that." Einar took a small transperent bottle filled with liquid out of his pocket "It will sedate him for quite some time, hopefully till the day is over."

"Why do you want him losing so bad?" Though Garrick knew the answer to this question he wanted to hear it from his friend.

"You know what the Head warriors post mean. He has to be in the frontline every time there's an attack. He has to put his own life at stake to protect his Alpha. Do you think this will go down well with my beasts. Every moment he is on the field would put me in a tornado of anxiousness and worry. Moreover how am I suppose to bear his injuries, cause he is going to get hurt a lot."

Garrick pursed his lip and nonchalantly sighed shaking his head. He wasn't entirely convinced with what Einar just said "There is more to it isn't it?"

Einar turned away from the window and sat on his chair. He rested his palms on the desk while his head leaned backwards facing the ceiling "If he becomes the next head warrior than we have to work together. Our proximity will increase our tensions. So it is better if he stays away."

"How ironic it is." Garrick chuckled "On one hand you want him to be safe and uninjured while on the other hand you have accepted all the willing applications to fight Callan without even blinking an eye. Let us assume that he overcomes all the hurdles tomorrow; then what would you do?"

Einar leaned his head forward and looked at his friend in despair "I dont want that to happen but if the situation reaches a bind than I would do everything in my power to make sure he does not wins."

****

Warrior after warrior failed to bring the human down. Callan had been on a roll since he stepped foot in the ring. His fight tactics and manoeuvres were not only unique but were also quite effective on the wolves as well. He managed to defeat even the seasoned warriors of the pack which was truly amazing.

Though Einar felt immensely proud of his mate, a part of him was worried, scared for he was close to wining his trial. Einar's initial plan was to let nature take its course while Callan faced every opponent who had listed for the head warriors post. Even after facing fifty five people, he was not backing down! What stressed Einar more was the fact that if his mate did win then he would have no reason to deny what Callan was after.

When the final dong belled Einar's breath got struck. No one in the arena could believe what they were witnessing. He saw the reaction of the people, the look of hate and disgust for his mate. He knew that no one would be acceptive of Callan as the new head warrior. With a firm resolve, he quickly stood up from his seat and muttered some words to the announcer. He exhaled a deep breath as headed straight to the ring.