forty five

Soobin walked out of the auditorium at 4pm sharp, being done with his script reading. He was complimented by Jungwoo for being the ideal boy to play the role of Charles Marlow, the shy good natured handsome young man. He was proud of himself too. And as far as the play is concerned, he thought sihyeon was best suited for him as the heroine of the play. He was quick to get comfortable with her while also keeping his distance. Seo Kangjoon's words constantly ringing in the back of his mind were a great encouragement for him to take the initiative to converse with her.

Look for a girl. Hyung would be proud.

He waved sihyeon goodbye as they walked out of the school gates but soon halted when he saw yeonjun leaning against the stone-y fence. Soobin tried to walk past him, in an attempt to ignore him and give him the message that he does not want to talk. But of course, yeonjun wouldn't get it.

"Soobin." Yeonjun caught soobin's wrist, calling his name in a soft tone.

"I don't want to talk to you." Soobin said, still not looking at yeonjun.

"We both know that's a lie." Yeonjun smiled at soobin's cute little glare. "Are you alright binnie? I've been worried about you.."

"No need to be worried. I'm absolutely fine." Soobin pulled his hand out of yeonjun's.

"What happened Soobin? Not only that night. But what happened to you.. why are you behaving like this?"

"You wanted me to get over you and I'm doing just that!" Soobin said, annoyed. "Why are you making this more difficult for me?!"

Soobin's words held the truth that yeonjun would never understand. He was yelling at yeonjun to stay away but begging yeonjun to help him at the same time. On the contrary, yeonjun was losing his patience with Soobin. He grabbed soobin's shoulders and brought him closer, shaking him a little.

"Get off-"

"Stop pushing me away and tell me what the hell is wrong with you?!"

Soobin kept pushing while Yeonjun kept pulling him. Both determined to fulfill their cause. Both were worried about each other, cared for each other but had totally different ways of showing it. The older wanted to hide the younger in his arms away from world in order to protect him, while the younger wanted to keep as such distance as possible from the older for the same purpose.

"What's going on here?" A voice interrupted their wrestling match. It distracted yeonjun enough, making it easier for Soobin to get out of his hold.

"Soobin- ssi, your dad asked me to pick you up. Why don't you get inside hmm?" Officer Hoseok smiled brightly at the pale boy. Soobin nodded, following the officer's instruction and sitting in the passenger seat.

"I wasn't trying to hurt him." Yeonjun huffed, palms out in defense.

"I know. I also know that you're one of his friends. Which is why I won't report this to the chief." Hoseok said calmly, though he was glaring at yeonjun.

Officer Hoseok watched yeonjun sigh still looking at Soobin. He didn't waste much time then. He walked to his car, getting inside and driving away from the school. He was ordered to keep Soobin safe. And even though he knew yeonjun was not hurting Soobin physically, that boy was still the cause of some mental pain that Hoseok understood after watching them from afar.

"You missed the turn." Soobin pointed out when Hoseok drove straight instead of turning right at the signal.

"We aren't going to your house Soobin-ssi." Hoseok gave Soobin a friendly smile. "I'm taking you to your Seokjin Appa."