sixteen

Taehyung bit his nails nervously, staring at the question paper on his desk. He had successfully solved four out of six questions and was seventy to eighty percent sure that his answer and method were correct. But by the time he reached the fifth question he was sweating. For the last two days Taehyung had been preparing for his math class test and yet here he was struggling to answer a simple equation. He cursed himself for getting distracted with the thoughts of his date with jaebum while studying and almost chewed his thumb nail till the skin. He scribbled on his rough sheet trying to find a solution but let out a frustrated sigh when he couldn't reach a logical answer.

Suddenly he's pulled out of his panicked thoughts when a folded sheet falls on his desk right in front of his eyes. He frowns opening the paper and gasps when he sees the answers of all the equations written on that sheet. He looks up trying to find whoever threw that sheet and his eyes get caught with jaebum's who's sitting on the third bench in the adjacent row. Jaebum smiles at Taehyung and nods for him to continue writing which Taehyung quickly does. He jots down the answers of the last two questions then puts the folded paper in his pocket before getting up to submit his answer sheet.

On his way back from the teacher's desk he sees jaebum's hand on the edge of his desk, palm open and fingers sticking out slightly. As Taehyung passed by jaebum's desk he made sure to brush his fingers with jaebum's which made both the boys blush. Jaebum straightened in his seat smiling like an idiot while Taehyung sat in his seat giggling. Once the bell rang the students submitted their answer sheets groaning and complaining while leaving the classroom. Taehyung walked out with yeonjun who was freaking out about the test but he still didn't miss the wink jaebum gave him.

"Okay, what the hell are you giggling about?" Yeonjun asked, pissed off with his best friend because he wasn't listening.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." Taehyung said opening his locker and placing his math books inside.

"Stop lying to me. Did you and jungkook make up or something?"

Taehyung's smile faded and yeonjun realised that he made a mistake by mentioning jungkook's name.

"Taehyung-"

"I'm getting late for my class." Taehyung interrupted him, closing his locker after taking out his biology binder and then walking away without another word.

Yeonjun sighed and walked to his own locker. He felt bad for not being able to help his best friend out, but how was he supposed to help when he didn't know what exactly was going on? Yeonjun had spoken to jungkook's friends even though they don't sit together during lunch now, all of them knew that Taehyung and Jungkook would be together again so there's no point in not talking to each other anyway. And besides, they wanted to help their friends get together and stop fighting because it didn't really make sense.

"Hey." Yeonjun heard mark's voice and turned to see mark and yugyeom smiling at him.

"Hi guys."

"Did you talk to Taehyung yet?" Mark asked.

"No not yet. But like, I think he's still upset about their fight."

"Jungkook's been grumpy too. And for some goddamn reason even Eunwoo is acting up." Yugyeom groaned rubbing his forehead.

"What? Why?" Yeonjun asked confused, because eunwoo doesn't seem the type of guy to get angry and continue to be angry for a long time.

"They argued after you and Tae left. Eunwoo was so mad at jungkook that I almost thought he'd punch jungkook or something." Mark said.

"That surprises me."

"Yeah us too. Eunwoo and jaehyun are the calm ones. So seeing them angry kind of seems like something out of the blue."