nine

Jungkook ran out of his house in the direction of the bus top hoping he'd find Taehyung on the way. Since Taehyung didn't have a car or a bike, his only mode of transportation was the bus or his feet. Jungkook ran at full speed wondering how angry Taehyung was to cover so much distance already. But the question is, why was Taehyung suddenly mad at him? Jungkook is convinced that he didn't say anything wrong to spite the injured boy and he believes that he is only caring for Taehyung as a friend. Then, what in the world would've cause Taehyung's outburst?

And meeting jimin?

Well, that surely came out of nowhere considering how Taehyung walked away from jimin the other day while he was on his knees begging for Taehyung's forgiveness. And jungkook is only worried about them meeting because he knows jimin would hurt Taehyung again, and as a friend jungkook cannot allow that to happen.

He sighed in relief, finally spotting the blonde boy walking with a rigid stance.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook called as he approached the boy who was keen on avoiding him.

"Taehyung will you stop!"

Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's right hand- since his left one was injured- and turned him around forcefully.

"What the fuck is your problem?!" Jungkook yelled as Taehyung pulled his hand out of jungkook's grip.

"What the fuck is your problem!" Taehyung retorted. "Leave me alone! You had your fun with me now I'm leaving! That's it!"

"Don't make it sound like I used you only to throw you away!"

"Isn't that what you're going to do eventually, jungkook! Or have you forgotten how friends with benefits work!"

"What's gotten into you!" Jungkook grabbed Taehyung again by his shoulders and pulled him towards himself. "Did I hurt you somewhere? Did I make you feel uncomfortable? Tell me what's bothering you so that I can fix it!"

"This is what I don't understand! Why do you suddenly feel the need to protect me huh? From where is all this care and concern coming? This is making me uncomfortable jungkook!" Taehyung pushed jungkook away with all his might ignoring the pain that coursed through his elbow.

"Aren't we just supposed to fuck and go jungkook!"

"When have I ever said that! God Taehyung you're not a toy to me! How many times am I supposed to tell you that!"

"Then why don't you treat me like one!? Why do you care so much?!"

"I honestly don't understand why is me caring about you such a big issue.." jungkook runs his fingers through his hair. "You care about me too. That's why you jumped in front of a running car! To save me! How is that different from what I'm doing!"

"It's different. I had a reason for what I did." Taehyung looked away from jungkook which only infuriated him more.

"What is it? Huh? Tell me. What is the reason and how is you caring about me different from me caring about you?"

Taehyung gulped the lump in his throat and closed his eyes to stop his tears from falling down. He isn't sure if he should tell jungkook just yet because he himself is utterly confused and that's why he needs to meet jimin again and see how he feels around jimin. If Taehyung still has strong feelings for jimin then what he's experiencing for jungkook is mere infatuation, which he can easily get rid of. Or so he thinks.

"We should stop jungkook." Taehyung looks up to meet jungkook's confused face. "I think my strings are getting tangled..."

"What.." a look of realisation crosses jungkook's face and he takes a step forward, only for Taehyung to step away from him.