sixty two

Taehyung sat still in namjoon's office staring at the metal cuffs in front of him. He had long stopped crying. Not because he was feeling better now, but because his eyes were unable to produce anymore tears. He was not in the lock up either after the ruckus that he faced outside.

When he was held in the interrogation room he had been visited by his step father's lawyer who clearly pronounced Kang Daniel's disapproval and disappointed toward taehyung. He stated that Daniel will not go ahead with the adoption since he did not wish for a delinquent to share his name. Now, under normal circumstances, taehyung would have jumped with joy hearing that he does not have to leave his father; but the way the lawyer portrayed him as a criminal of sorts hurt him.

And if that was not enough, his mother came in as soon as the lawyer left bringing in a storm with her. She screamed her designation and supposed authority out loud to all the officers and especially Namjoon, accusing him of being unjust and not performing his duties well. The woman was kicked out in an instant by yoongi.

After that taehyung was brought into namjoon's office by Hoseok. He was instructed by Namjoon to not handcuff the boy and make him feel comfortable if possible.

"Hoseok hyung.." taehyung called as Hoseok placed a bottle of water in front of taehyung.

"Why did you bring me here instead of the holding cell?"

Hoseok sighed. He pulled a chair next to taehyung and sat down taking taehyung's hands in his.

"Because you've done nothing wrong." 

Taehyung looked up at the smiling male.

"S-Soobin.. if anything happens to him.."

"He's safe. He's okay. Seokjin hyung called a while ago and informed us about soobin. Of course he's injured but he's going to be alright in no time. So don't worry too much. And remember, I'm here if you need me yeah?"

Taehyung nodded. Hoseok gave an encouraging smile again then stood up to leave since he had some paperwork to do.

"Hoseok hyung," taehyung called again, the said male stopped by the door. "Can you please send yoongi hyung here?"

"Oh um yoongi's out investigating about Kangjoon." Hoseok informed. "If there's something you want to tell him you can tell me too, unless it's not related to this case."

"I just.. I wanted to tell him that I-I didn't push soobin.."

Hoseok's eyes widened. He quickly moved back into his previous seat, remembering to shut the door. He had his recorder ready as well, because he knew taehyung was also ready to speak now.

Kangjoon was leaning on his bike outside the police station. He was waiting for some sort of verdict against taehyung but it was taking way too long for these good for nothing officers to arrest him officially. Kangjoon was anxious, he could not wait to get taehyung out of the way. He knew he will not be able to claim soobin with taehyung in the picture.

When he felt the last bit of his patience evaporate he decided to go inside again and see what the hell is taking so long. But before he could even start walking he saw the familiar white honda civic enter through the gates and park in the nearest empty spot.

"What the.." he muttered to himself.

Seo Moonsik stepped out of this vehicle glaring daggers at his older son. Kangjoon curled his fingers into fists in hopes of hiding his sweaty palms; frightened would be an understatement.

"Seo Kangjoon." Moonsik's voice was dangerously calm. "Mind explaining this situation to me?"

"I'm just defending a friend." Kangjoon gulped. His father crossed his arms over his chest.