twenty

Taehyung was chewing his nails in nervousness as he waits for jaebum near the park bench. He tried to sit down and calm himself but that didn't seem to work. He's been repeating the monologue in his head but he's sure that when he sees jaebum he'll forget everything that he has prepared.

"Taehyung." Jaebum's voice comes from behind him and Taehyung gulps, turning around slowly.

"Hi jaebum." Taehyung tries to smile.

"How are you?" Jaebum asks, clearly understanding the awkward air that engulfs them.

"Good. And you? How ha-"

"Something happened at the party right?" Jaebum interrupts him with a knowing look.  Taehyung sighs in defeat and nods looking guilty as ever.

"I'm so sorry Jaebum. I didn't mean to lead you on like that. I just- I was trying to forget jungkook and I thought I'm over him but-"

"Jungkook?" Jaebum asked in confusion.

"Yeah... I like jungkook and we... We are dating now."

"Oh."

"J-Jaebum I'm so-"

"It's okay. Really. It's okay Taehyung." Jaebum gave him a strained smile which only increased the weight on Taehyung's heart. 

"Jaebum please. Yell at me. Even hit me if you want. I know I've hurt you... I don't know why I gave you false hope.. and I hate myself for doing this to you."

"No Taehyung. You did warn me. The day I confessed to you, you told me to forget it but I insisted. And I even told you that I'll be okay even if you reject me, it's my fault for taking things further..."

Taehyung could see jaebum crumbling. He was trying to keep a strong front but Taehyung could see right through him. The way he was holding his emotions back just made Taehyung hate himself more and more.

"I just hope jungkook treats you right and you always stay happy with him." Jaebum smiled. Taehyung bit his bottom lip to stop himself from crying too.

"I'm so sorry jeabum-ah.. but I'll always be here for you. Whenever you need me-"

"Don't Taehyung. I rather you not." Jaebum whispered dropping his smile. "I'm sorry but, I'm going to leave now."

And with that jaebum left, shoulders shaking as he finally let his tears fall. Taehyung too let out a soft sob, screwing his eyes shut and hitting his head with his fist. He wanted to stop jaebum. He wanted to apologize to him until jaebum finally forgives him and means it. But Taehyung knew that jaebum could never hate him, and he did forgive him for breaking his heart. Taehyung sighs wanting to be in jungkook's arms, wanting to be cuddled and, comforted by him. He wanted jungkook to tell him that everything's alright, that he did the right thing even though it did break someone's heart.

He walks out of the park with slumped shoulders, taking the alleyway to escape the crowd. He was beating himself up in his head until a faint whimpering sound invaded his ears. Taehyung looks around trying to find the source, walking ahead and taking a left turn. There he saw two boys dressed in a different school uniform throwing stones at a puppy who was trying to hide himself behind a dumpster.

"Hey! Stop that!" Taehyung yells running towards the boys feeling enraged. "The fuck you think you're doing you assholes?!"

"What is it to you dipshit!" One of the tall boys retorted, eyes rimmed red and he looked sort of high.

"Just go on your own way man. We ain't doing shit to you." Another one said looking calmer than his friend.

"You think you can get away with hurting an innocent animal! Hell no! Get lost from here if you don't want to get into bigger trouble!" Taehyung spat at the boys. His fists were clenched trying to stop himself from punching the two boys and breaking their teeth.