twenty eight

Taehyung and Yoongi remained attached to each other, Taehyung wiping the blood off of Yoongi's knuckles with his sleeves in silence. They weren't crying anymore but they weren't talking either. Taehyung clung onto Yoongi's shoulder as Yoongi held his hands, warming them between his palms. Taehyung saw Yoongi in new light now. This guy was surely mysterious but he also had scars from his past. Scars that still pained him. Haunted him. He understood Yoongi better now. His anger and cold hearted behaviour. His loneliness from losing someone special. He understood why Yoongi blamed himself but if he's being honest then it was not Yoongi's fault in any way. Yoongi did not know something like that would happen to his friend, so how can he say it's his fault. He couldn't have known.

"Hey." Yoongi whispered. "You alright?"

Taehyung only nods.

"Don't be upset. Thinking about it wouldn't change anything.."

"It wasn't your fault." Taehyung said.

"It was. I was too selfish to-"

"No hyung." Taehyung pulled away from Yoongi looking at him with furrowed eyes. "You didn't know what was going to happen. You behaved according to your nature."

"My nature led her to her death." Yoongi looked into Taehyung's eyes.

"No. You have to realise that it couldn't have been your fault. The real culprits, it's their fault alone."

"I could've stopped her." Yoongi's voice shook.

"You know she wouldn't have listened to you." Taehyung whispered and smiled. "You have to let it go hyung. Think about how much you're hurting her by blaming yourself like this."

"I don't think I can let it go. It's not that easy."

"I know.. but it's not that difficult either. Have faith in yourself hyung."

They fell silent again. Both smiling at each other. Taehyung understanding Yoongi better. As each day passes, another layer of Yoongi's protective shell falls. It makes Taehyung want to know him more, rip the layers off to find what actually lies beneath it. The defeated Yoongi who just wants a chance to be happy again.

"Hyung, do you want ice cream?" Taehyung asked suddenly. He always eats ice cream when he's sad.

"No, thank you for asking though."

"Well then, would you accompany me?"

Yoongi raises an eyebrow at the boy who's looking at him hopefully.

"It's almost elven o'clock at night Taehyung, you should be going home. Aren't your parents worried?"

"No one's at home." Taehyung smiled sadly. "But yeah, I should go home. Got school tomorrow anyway."

Taehyung got up quickly, suddenly remembering that he hadn't had his dinner and had almost forgotten that he was hungry. Well, he is not really hungry anymore after everything that he just experienced.

"C'mon I'll drop you off." Yoongi sighed.

"Oh no that's not nece-"

"Don't argue with me kid. I'm not leaving you alone."

It only took one stern look from Yoongi to have Taehyung following him like a lost puppy. They walked for ten minutes before they reached Yoongi's car parked outside a shop and climbed in, driving in silence until Taehyung started giving Yoongi directions towards his house. At one point though, Yoongi stopped the car. Taehyung looked at him curiously but Yoongi only proceeded to take his seatbelt off. Taehyung followed him, getting out of the car and gasped when he saw an ice-cream parlour in front of him. Yoongi walked inside without a word listening to Taehyung giggle behind him.