fifty eight

Finally the day was here. Beginning of the school festival. Taehyung was ecstatic the entire day as his classes went on. He was half the time running across the corridor of his school building taking art supplies from the classroom to the quadrangle and setting up everything. The entire team was busy. Students from various club were also helping to set up banners and paintings around the quadrangle. Taehyung was arranging the placements of the many sketches they received for the competition, with the help of Taehyun and Minho. Jungkook was somewhere around the campus as well. the two hadn't met each other after their morning class.

Taehyung was discussing the potential winners of sketching competition among the juniors with Minho when suddenly a loud yelp came from the direction of the opening of the ground.

"Beomgyu." Taehyun muttered before he sprinted across the ground to reach his partner in crime. Taehyung and Minho followed him right behind.

A crowd was already beginning to gather around the scene. It looked like beomgyu had fallen off of the rickety ladder while trying to hang the banner on the pole, a sophomore frantically apologising next to him. Tae kneeled in front of beomgyu inspecting his injured ankle.

"Get the hell away from him." Taehyun growled at the sophomore.

"Calm down I'm okay." Beomgyu tried to reassure with a silly laugh. He hissed when taehyung pressed at his ankle.

"I'm so sorry beomgyu! I got distracted by this painting and I-"

"Shut up before I punch you." Taehyun warned. Beomgyu held taehyun's hand tighter to keep him next to himself and avoid violence. Taehyung took the hint.

"Taehyun, take Gyu to the infirmary. His ankle needs immediate medical attention."

Taehyun nodded and wordlessly carried beomgyu to the school building. Huening Kai, the sophomore, followed the two even though he had been warned by taehyun to keep his distance.

"I'll hang the banner, go check the paintings." Minho suggested. With a sigh taehyung got back to his work.

The school bell rang indicating the end of the school day. Students began piling into the quadrangle to see the art their friends created. The participants of the competition stood next to their artwork as the judges came to take a look. Taehyung stood with his paintings and a sketch with a nervous smile. His group of friends encouraged him as his art teacher gave him a thumbs up for his cherry blossom tree painting. Tae finally saw Jungkook behind Eunwoo.

Little by little students's parents also came to see the exhibition. Seokjin and Namjoon came too, along with tae's father and sister. Soon enough results were announced and Tae won first place for his cherry blossom tree painting among the seniors. After the end of the official event of the exhibition taehyung went to the infirmary to check on beomgyu. Jungkook tagged along.

"Your ankle is swollen beomgyu. Shut up and sit here." Tae heard taehyun's voice, still angry, as he entered the nurse's office.

"Taehyung hyung! Jungkook hyung!" Beomgyu yelled with a huge smile on his face.

"Hyungs taehyun won't let me to go see the exhibition!" Beomgyu complained grumpily. "I worked so hard to decorate the quadrangle, it's not fair that don't get to see the exhibition!"

"He hurt his ankle that bad huh?" Jungkook asked taehyung. Beomgyu began whining before taehyung could even nod.

"Okay okay calm down I'll just carry you around." Jungkook offered, chuckling at his junior. Taehyung was laughing too.

Taehyun, however, wasn't.

"Yes! Oh my god jungkook hyung you're the best! Bestest! Bester than taehyun!" Beomgyu blabbered on.