thirty

"So who's your boyfriend among those two?" Goongmin asked his son as they ate their spaghetti, which Taehyung complained to be a little more salty than usual.

"Jungkook, the boy who looked like a rabbit." Taehyung explained noticing his father's confused face.

"Ohh.. and they fought because of you?"

"Yep." Taehyung sighed. "Jimin's my ex. We broke up a year ago because he cheated on me. But now he says it was a mistake and he still likes me."

"I see." Goongmin twirled the noodle around his fork. "Well, I'm glad your boyfriend punched him. He deserves it for cheating on my precious son."

"Yeah and jungkook got punched too." Taehyung chuckled.

They continued to eat their lunch in peaceful silence. Goongmin admiring his son and low-key feeling proud of his son's beauty. He got two boys fighting for him. That's the kind of excitement Goongmin never experienced in his life. Being the nerd who's always at the top due to his strict parents, goongmin's life was no less than a machine's. Instructive, disciplined and monitored.

"You've grown up so well Taehyungie." Goongmin smiled proudly. Taehyung blushed covering his face with the glass of water.

"I didn't want him to fight though." Taehyung said placing the glass down. "I didn't want to cause him trouble."

"He's your boyfriend Taehyung. If he likes you then he'll obviously fight for you. Especially when he's threatened by your ex."

Taehyung giggled at his father's comment. What his father said was true. Jungkook was always ready to fight for him. Always wanted to protect him. And that's what taehyung liked the most. He felt special every time jungkook gave him the attention that makes him feel as if the whole world is in the palm of his hand. Jungkook's treatment towards taehyung is so soft as if he were the most delicate person on this planet. Caring about him to no end. Taehyung likes it. He loves it.

"Also, there's one more thing." Taehyung said suddenly remembering a very fantastic detail.

"What's it?" Goongmin was done with his lunch, as was Taehyung, so he got up collecting both their plates and walking to the sink.

"Jaebum likes me too."

"Who's jeabum now?" Goongmin asked confused.

"Lim jaebum Papa." Taehyung said in a duh tone, rolling his eyes at his father for acting so clueless.

"Wait a second." Goongmin turned around with wide eyes. "My boss Lim Juhwan's son?"

Taehyung nodded.

"What?! How?!" Goongmin asked, shocked. "I didn't know you two were friends!?"

"We weren't. He saw me at kunpimonk's party years ago. The one you dragged me to because eunji refused to come and you didn't want to be alone with Mom."

"Oh. My God."

"I said the same when he told me the truth. I hadn't even seen him at the party! Gosh papa it was so difficult for me to reject him after he treated me so well! We didn't date, he was courting me but I still feel so bad!" Taehyung pouted.

"You rejected him? Why?"

"Because I had started liking jungkook way before jaebum. And um, jungkook did too but he was too dense to accept it. It was a pretty complicated situation, yeah."

"Wow taehyung! You're like the snack of the school. I might have to ask yeonjun to be your bodyguard to keep boys away from you."

"Don't be ridiculous papa!" Taehyung laughed. "Besides, jungkook's already my bodyguard in a way."