thirty five

Taehyung opened his crusty eyes and rubbed them to clear his vision. He felt sore, pain still shooting up his bum. He had a pout on his face as he slowly came to realize the fact that he was alone in his room. He relived the moments of his best night ever and regretted what happened seconds later. That was not what he had wanted to happen. He wanted to fall asleep in his boyfriend's arms with a smile, not tear filled eyes. He slowly sat up, noticing that he's wearing a white t-shirt and boxers. He looked at his right and saw jungkook's clothes from yesterday, folded neatly and kept on his bedside table. He frowned deeper now.

If his clothes are here then where is he?

His thoughts were answered by the door of his bedroom opening and jungkook walking in, holding a plate in his hands. Shirtless, with only loose green sweatpants on. Taehyung had bought those sweats a few months ago but since he bought it online his judgements for his size went horribly wrong. But god forbid if jungkook didn't do justice to them. Taehyung blushed deep red when he saw jungkook's chest and stomach, marked with purple hickeys all over. He wondered what he looks like after seeing jungkook but he doesn't think he's ready to see himself right now.

"I'm so sorry you woke up alone on the bed." Jungkook's soft voice snapped him out of his trance.

"You made breakfast." Taehyung said instead.

Jungkook smiled placing the plate on the bed in front of Taehyung. He leaned forward and kissed Taehyung's pouty lips, surprising the blonde. Taehyung blushed as jungkook skilfully picked up the rolled omelette with the chopsticks and brought it up to his mouth. He took a bite of the tasty looking food and gave his boyfriend a look of astonishment.

"How's it?" Jungkook asked, hoping he didn't add too much salt or pepper. Wait, he didn't add any pepper in the first place.

"It's perfect." Taehyung said, opening his mouth for another bite.

Jungkook chuckled feeding his boyfriend and thanking him for the compliment. Taehyung picked up another rolled omelette and fed jungkook too. They laughed and giggled feeding each other breakfast that was surprising well cooked by someone who could even burn water.

"Kookie I'm-"

"Shhh.. it wasn't your fault. I don't want you to think that."

Jungkook pushed the plate aside and took taehyung in his arms rubbing soothing circles on his back.

"But I was being really insensitive while you-"

"Baby, you and I both know very well that I was a bigger jackass. If someone was insensitive then it was me, not you. You were just being realistic." Jungkook said, frustrated by himself. "I ruined our perfect night."

Taehyung kissed his cheek and pulled back a little, still staying in his boyfriend's arms.

"You didn't ruin anything." Taehyung said as sincerely as he could. Jungkook sighed.

"I was thinking about it while I was cooking and, I'm willing to wait for you tae. Even if in the end you don't say it back, I'm okay with it. I just want you to know that I love you. For real."

Why are his words so familiar? Taehyung is yet again reminded of someone who had almost said the same thing to him once. He felt regret pinch his heart and he gasped. He hugged jungkook tightly, burrowing his face into his neck. This pain in his chest cannot only be guilt, can it? He knows it because he doesn't regret rejecting jaebum. He feels guilty for breaking his heart. But he doesn't regret it. It was necessary.

Then why? Why is his heart in pain? What is this pain?

"Let's just forget about this yeah?" Jungkook said. "Please baby, for me, forget about whatever I said. I know it's hurting you. And I've already hurt you enough."