twenty four

Taehyung got a call from jungkook earlier that afternoon stating that jungkook's going to be busy with his brother since there seems to be an issue with him which jungkook couldn't talk about on phone. Taehyung had been worried but gave the brothers their space knowing that if jungkook wanted to let him know then he would've told him already. And besides, it's soobin's issue, jungkook cannot disclose it to Taehyung until Soobin gives him permission, which Taehyung respected. He remembers the day Soobin came home and bursted into tears. Both, Taehyung and Jungkook had been worried sick yet Soobin never once said what was bothering him. Hence, concluding that this must be related to the prior incident Taehyung didn't pry much into the details and only told jungkook to call him if he needs anything.

Taehyung entered his house after ending the call with jungkook. He went straight to the kitchen to grab a cold water bottle from the refrigerator but stopped when he saw his father sitting on the isle chair with a file in his hand.

"Hello Taehyung." His father said without even looking up from his file.

"Hey dad." Taehyung greeted his father seeing as there's no way to avoid him.

His father finally closed the file and looked up, smiling.

"You haven't been home lately. Is there a particular reason?"

"Of course there is. But it's not like you'd care." Taehyung shrugged, his father sighing in defeat.

Now Kim Goongmin was not a strict parent. But with what is going on in their family for the past few years, he isn't exactly approachable either. And only he knows how much he hates it, for his children can barely stand him nowadays.

"I do care Tae.."

"Really? Then why isn't Eunji back yet?" Taehyung asked, desperate for an answer.

"Your sister is a university student, she left to-"

"She didn't want to leave dad. You and mom made her leave. She was sick and tired of both of you!" Taehyung raised his voice. "And I want to leave too! I don't want to stay with either of you but you guys wouldn't listen to us! Our opinion doesn't matter to you does it!?"

"I'm trying my best to win her and your custody Taehyung, you have to understand-"

"I don't understand! I will never understand! Y'all fought, got divorced, understandable. Separating my sister and I, not so understandable."

Goongmin sucked in a sharp breath before looking at his son, right in the eyes.

"I'm not letting that woman take my children away from me." He said sternly, though his breath was shaky.

"Great. Just great." Taehyung took a step back. "Ever thought about your children? Maybe they don't want either of you."

"Tae please-"

"If you keep fighting the court will settle on mutual custody. Eunji lives with mom and I with you. And we get to see each other twice a month. Is that what you're aiming for? Because I know mom won't give up until she gets what she wants."

"Neither am I giving up."

Taehyung scoffs at his father. This whole discussion was a waste of time if his father can't get the point.

"Taehyung trust me-"

"No. I don't want to talk to you. Never again."

Taehyung turns around and leaves the kitchen letting the first tear fall. His father wants him to understand why he's doing what he's doing but at the same time he wouldn't even try to understand what Taehyung is going through because of all this. Eunji has her own battles and the siblings have always been each others anchors. Being separated now and neither of them initiating the first call or text, things are getting more and more difficult. Taehyung has thought of texting her a number of times but the loss of contact for almost a year now makes him awkward. There's also the possibility that she might not want to talk to him at all.