Chapter 41

Will's POV
"I don't know what to tell you man."

Grover groaned.

"I don't even know why you're asking me. Shouldn't you be talking to Percy about this?"

Grover snorted. "He and his mom are going on a weekend getaway. I've crashed before and it did not end well."

I decided it would be best to not ask.

"And I don't want to bother him about this. He'd tell me what he's already told me anyways."

I motioned his hand to continue. "Okay and what is that?"

Grover groaned. "Nevermind. Percy's right."

I sighed. "May I ask about what?"

Grover blew a raspberry from his mouth. "You know Juniper? We've been dating for a while."

... "Yes?"

"Well that's about it. Our 6 month anniversary is coming up and I just want to do something special for her."

I scratched my head. "Wait so what do you need help with?"

Grover three his hands up. "To plan something! I don't know what I'm supposed to do! I want it to be perfect."

"Oh. Geez not going to lie I'm kinda jealous. But just do something romantic."

He gave me a panicked look. "I- I might have to go see Percy."

He mumbled under his breath. "Not like he'll really help but whatever."

Grover waved me goodbye before leaving.

You see, I work at the local library and sadly, I was working on a perfectly good Saturday afternoon.

Pretty much sucks.

The librarian, which strangely resembled Mrs.Dodds, ushered me to put away the books.

"Yeah yeah, I'm going."

As I was putting the books into the shelves, I spotted a black mop of hair.

The same on that I would see almost every Saturday afternoon.

Today, he was reading a book about mythology.

He didn't seem like the type, but usually when he came to the library he was always reading those type of books.

He began to look up and I quickly looked away before he would notice I was staring at him.

I waited a few moments and when I looked up, he wasn't there.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and nearly swung the book I was holding into the persons head.

I panicked. "Oh my gods I am so sorry. I panicked. I didn't mean to swing the book at you."

The girl smiled. "It's okay. Um, you work here right?"

I cleared my throat. "Yes, yes I do. Do you need help with something?"