Chapter 18

Percy's POV
I knew something was up when I saw Travis and Katie actually talking to each other during lunch.

I looked at them gaping and nudged Leo. "Are they supposed to be doing that?"

Leo looked around not knowing what I meant. "Doing what?"

I pointed at them. "Travis. Katie. Actually talking? Smiling. Laughing? Together? Is the world about to end?"

Rachel plopped next to me and sat down. "I don't really know what happened. Katie ran out crying because of him, and when they come back, all of the sudden they actually like each other. I couldn't talk to her last night, and the whole day all she's been doing is talking and catching up with Travis. Uhgh."

Leo nodded and stroked his non existent beard. "I see. Interesting."

Silena and Beckendorf walked to the table.

And when Silena saw what was happening, she immediately turned around and ran towards Piper, who was walking in with Annabeth. She told Piper something and they both started squealing, while Annabeth just rolled her eyes.

I then saw Nico and Will walking in, and I locked eyes with Nico and smirked. He turned away then stuck his tongue out at me.

"So how was try outs Percy?"

I shrugged. "I did okay."

Jason rolled his eyes. "Bro, you were literally the fastest one there."

"Well I'm not captain."

This time Nico answered as he sat down. "Perce, you were offered, but being the Kelp Head you are, you decided to decline."

Jason nodded. "So shut up."

I sighed.

"What's the matter Seaweed Brain?"

I turned and noticed that Annabeth had sat next to me.

I mumbled. "Nothing."

Jason snickered. "Seaweed Brain? You guys have nicknames huh?"

I blushed and glared. "You're one to talk Sparky." then I whispered. "Beauty queen."

He was about to say something but Silena and Piper sat down.

Piper cleared her throat and used a random juice box and tapped on it with a chopstick. "Hello everyone. Thank you for coming."

Leo looked confused. "We're in a lunch room. And are forced to come here every day."

Piper ignored him. "Today we are gathered here today to enjoy some wonderful lunch, but first, I would like to address the elephant in the room."

She turned to Katie and Travis and smirked. "I would love to welcome our newly soon to be wed couple!"

Katie blushed and Travis turned red but bowed anyway.

We all clapped and hollered and the people around us looked at us weird.

Annabeth whispered to me. "How did this happen."

I told her what Rachel told me.

Annabeth just shrugged. "Kind of cliche if you ask me. So how was try outs?"

I grinned. "You're looking at the new swim captain!"

She gasped. "Really?"

"Nope. But I was going to, but I didn't want too."

She rolled her eyes and smacked me. "What do you mean by that?"

"It means I'm slow and fat and can't swim at all."

Annabeth raised a brow. "So the opposite of what you said?"

I pouted. "Do you not believe me?"

"No." she deadpanned. "Since your not giving me a straight answer, maybe I'll just have to come to one of your meets and see myself."

I shrugged. "Sure."

Annabeth smiled and turned to talk to Piper.

Then I processed what Annabeth just said.

Oh schist.