Chapter 14

Leo's POV
"Yo Jace!"

Jason turned around. "Hey Leo."

"What're you doing after school?"

He blushed. "I-uh, I'm going to study with Piper."

"Stolls?"

Travis shrugged. "Sorry bro. Conner and I are doing our project with Katie and Rachel."

I turned to Percy.

He put his hands up. "Sorry man. I probably gotta study. Or spy on Jason's date."

Jason glared at him. "It's not a date."

Percy mumbled. "Yea. You blushing does not help prove that point."

I groaned. "Uhgh fine. What about you Frank."

Frank crosses his arms. "Wow I'm really feeling the love Valdez. But I'm studying with Hazel later."

I pouted. "Why is everyone 'studying'?" I put finger quotation parks on the word studying.

Travis shrugged. "Maybe because Mrs.Dodds is mean and weird enough to give us math projects that have nothing to do with math?"

Connor tapped his chin thoughtfully. "Or maybe it's the fact that all of you guys are chickens and aren't man enough to ask girls on a date so you ask them to study instead."

He shrugged. "But you know, Travis' explanation is valid too."

I raised a brow. "Aren't you going studying today too?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'm being forced to go. And you aren't doing anything at all so ha."

Percy nodded. "Yea, good luck trying to get Calypso to study. She hates you."

"Wow feeling the love."

"Yea, because earlier when you ran off to 'ask her on a date' she told me that all you did was annoy her. She complains to me about you all the time."

"Percy, can you just shut up?"

He grinned. "Nope." he said popping the p.

Jason raised a brow. "What do you even do to annoy her?"

"Uh..."

-Flashback-

"Yo Calypso!"

She turned around probably to say hi back but when she saw me she frowned.

"What are you doing here Valdez?"

"Wow Sunshine you don't wanna see me?"

"No." she deadpanned.

"Well sunshine, what do you wanna do today?"

She looked at me weirdly. "Excuse me? And don't call me Sunshine."

"You may be excused. And why not?"

She looked at me sternly.

"Ok ok, I have a question."

"Well so do I. What do you mean by 'what do I want to do today'?"

"I thought we were gonna hang out together huh?" I said nudging her.

And then she pushed me away. "Uh, no. After you jumped onto the lunch table and ruined my lunch, I don't think so."

"Hey! At least I bought you lunch and fixed my mistake!"

"Yeah okay. Repair Boy."

"Caly you coming?"

Calypso sighed. "Coming! Bye Leo."

"Wait! You made friends that aren't me?"

"Oh shut up. I'm leaving."

"You were leaving anyway!" I shouted.

But she was already walking away.

-Flashback-

"Yeah I have no idea why she thinks that."

"Yeah sureee." Jason said while dragging the word.

Connor and Travis sat up. "Well, we gotta go. I have to 4th wheel with Rachel at Connor and Travis' date."

Percy raised a brow. "4th wheel? More like a double date. Make sure to bring the girls home by 10 or else..."

Travis snorted. "Or else what? Huh?"

"I-uh dunno. Whatever. Go to your date."

"Yeah yeah let's go. See ya later. Pray for us!"

Percy sighed. "I don't think praying would be enough."

Rachel's POV
"C'mon Katie we're gonna be late!"

Katie rolled her eyes. "We still have a few minutes to get to the library. And they're gonna be late anyways so who cares?"

I gave her a look.

"Fine. Rach I don't see why you care so much."

I frowned. "I don't. I just uh-want to get this over with."

Katie raised a brow but didn't say anything.

When we were walking to the library we met Travis and Connor on the way there.

"You ready to get your study on?!"

Katie scoffed. "Travis just shut up."

"Well you can't tell me what to do."

"Well if you don't then-"

Katie and Travis walked towards the library bickering, leaving Connor and I.

"They both suck don't they?"

I sighed. "Even though they're my friends I wish they would hear each other's side of the story and just make up. They already know they're soulmates."

Connor nodded. "I mean they actually liked each other until the flower incident which is pretty stupid."

"Travis is always complaining how he hates her in every class we have with her, which is a lot."

I rolled my eyes. "Yup. They talk about each other so much it gets annoying. I mean I love Katie and all but Travis is her soulmate. Just deal with it."

"Pretty blunt but yeah I feel you."

"So you ready to put the plan in action?"

He nodded. "Yup. This plan will be a win win for all four of us. If it works..." he mumbled.

"Probably. Hopefully. Actually..."

Suddenly the librarian came out. "Are you kids going to come in? Because those 2 lovebirds need to quiet down."

We looked at each other.

"I hope they haven't killed each other."

I shrugged. "You never know."

He grabbed my hand. "Come on let's go. Do you know how much paperwork it would be if that happened?"

"Haha very funny. But maybe we should go in there just in case."

"-my gods really Travis!!"

"Katie can you not make such a big deal?"

"No I can't. If you stopped being an idiot and actually started thinking you wou-"

"SHUT UP! This is ridiculous. You guys are acting immature. Or worse, an old married couple."

They both did as I said and looked down in shame.

Connor sighed. "Lets study now I guess."