Chapter 37

Percy's POV
"I told you so! Don't deny it. You're literally blushing."

I covered my face. "No I'm not. You're seeing things."

Annabeth grinned. "Nope. Totally blushing."

"Shut up."

"Aw don't worry. I think it's kind of cute."

I continued to blush as I scoffed. "Yeah right. You're probably putting this in the long list of things to blackmail me with."

Annabeth laughed. "It's not my fault you had the desire to be besties with Sebastian and Flounder. Plus having a crush on the Little Mermaid."

"You make it sound like it's a bad thing." I whined. "And I did NOT have a crush on Ariel. I think of her as more of a... sisterly figure. And you know what, I could say the same thing."

Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Please enlighten me."

"I bet you used to have a crush on..." I laughed. "I don't know, the beast from Beauty and the Beast." I joked.

Surprisingly Annabeth turned a bright shade of red. "No proof."

My eyes widened. "Wait really?"

"Shut up. I didn't say anything."

I was genuinely confused. "Out of all the characters you could have picked...."

"Hey! The beast isn't even that bad. He was nice and caring to Belle... eventually."

I thought for a moment. "So what you're saying is: in order for me to get you to fall for me I have to become the Beast?"

She looked at me dead in the eye for a whole 10 seconds. "We don't talk about this conversation. Ever."

"I mean, I was just asking a question." I said innocently.

"Percy?" She asked sweetly.

"Yes?"

She glared at me. "Shut up."

I smirked. "Okay Wise Girl whatever you say."

She looked like she was going to fight me until Piper and Jason walked past us smiling and laughing.

Annabeth and I both made eye contact before catching up to them.

"Howdy Jacey babe."

Jason reluctantly looked away from Piper before giving me a look of annoyance.

"What do you want Percy bear?"

I grinned. "Just your eternal love for moi."

Annabeth giggled before turning towards Piper and immediately indulging into a conversation.

"So Jace, how's it going? I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever."

Jason laughed. "Probably because you've been too busy with Annabeth huh."

I blushed. "Nah bro. I think you're too busy with Pipes... yeah. That's the problem. Not me."

Jason rolled his eyes. "Wow Perce. Always blaming it on me."

I scoffed. "I do not always blame things on you."
I mumbled under my breath. "Even if it may actually be my fault."

Jason raised a brow. "What'd you say?"

I didn't bother to respond and ran away from him and jumped into Piper's arms.

"Ah!"

We both fell into the floor.

"Geez Percy you're so heavy!"

I faked hurt into my voice. "A-are you calling me fat?"

She laughed and got up before offering me a hand.

I grinned. "What a gentlemen."

Jason stood there, both very confused and very sort of mad.

"Why'd you jump into Pipes arms? You know she couldn't have caught you."

Before I could say anything Piper jumped in.

"You're saying I couldn't have caught him?"

I mumbled under my breath. "Jason's in trouble."

He stuttered. "I-uh. I-didn't- mean it like- I wasn't trying-"

Piper laughed. "It's fine Jason. I know you didn't mean it like that. And Percy is too thicc anyways."

I winked at both of them before running away to who knows where.

I walked down the hallway until I heard someone talking.

"-eally like him. But I don't think he feels the same way. Oh my gods. I like him. Selena what do I do?"

I didn't want to eavesdrop any longer so I started to walk away.

"Hazel honey, you just have to trust that it'll work out. I think you should tell him how you feel. What's the worst that could happen. I- don't answer that."

I stood there for a moment processing what I had just heard.

I slowly walked away before, yet again, running down the halls to find Frank.

holy cheese. it's been a while um 9 months. also i started this book literally a whole 2 years ago?? wtf. i suck at updating lol sorry. bye for now !