Chapter 11

Katie's POV
"Oh shoot, I gotta go girls. See you guys later!"

After Piper and Silena left I looked at the clock and noticed it was already 7pm.

I stood up. "I have to go too. Got plants to take care of."

Silena, Hazel and Annabeth stood up too. "I guess we'll go too. We needed to leave later anyways. Bye Thals!"

Thalia didn't even look up. "Bye guys!"

When we walked downstairs we saw that the TV was running Finding Nemo.

"No!! Nemo!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!"

"Shut up Perce you already know what happens you've watched this movie so many times. And Nemo swims dummy."

"Jace be quiet we're watching a movie. And no one likes a smarty pants. Those people are party poopers."

Jason seemed to notice us and pointed at Percy. "It was his idea."

Percy looked up and paused the movie. "Yes it was, I'm not afraid to admit Finding Nemo is my favorite movie."

Rachel snorted. "After all the years I've known you that is still your favorite movie?"

Percy put his hand over his heart in mock hurt. "Why would it not?"

Rachel rolled her eyes. "Whatever dork. We're leaving. Byeeeeee."

————

After I got home and watered the plants, I heard my phone buzz.

When I looked at the contact I groaned.

Why oh why was I stupid enough to give him my number?

Oh, I remember. It was because I actually thought he was nice back then.

The past comes back to stab you in the back, huh?

Travis- Hey Katie! I was wondering when we would be able to work on our math project. Because I reallyyy want to do my work ahead of time.

I slumped my shoulders. I knew he was planning something, but I couldn't really do anything because I didn't want to fail.

Katie- We can work on it after school tomorrow if that works. I can also ask if Rachel and Connor want to come study with us too.

I opened a text message with Rachel.

Katie- HELP! Travis asked me to work on the project but I don't wanna go alone!! Please comeeeeee.

After a few minutes she texted me back.

Rachel- I texted Connor and he said he's down. But you still owe me.

Katie- THANK YOU! You're a lifesaver.

Rachel- I know *wink*

I also got a text from Travis.

Travis- Uh sure. If they can come then yea. The more the merrier.

Katie- Okay Rachel said her and Connor are coming. We can talk about where to meet tmr. Bye

I sighed.

This year is already starting to go downhill.

"Katie!"

I looked up and saw my mom, Demeter standing at my doorway.

"Why do you look so down?"

I shrugged. "School stuff."

She crossed her arms. "Well, eat some cereal. It'll be good for you." she said and left.