Chapter 38

Frank's POV
I fiddled with the collar of my shirt.

I was nervous, and kept frantically looking down the halls.

Percy patted me on the back. "Frank, it'll be fine. You'll woo her with you're, you're um-"

I cut him off. "You're right."

He sighed in relief.

"I literally have nothing to woo her with! Oh my gods, why would she like someone like me? I'm just a- a big ole teddy bear. And she's like the beautiful flower in the middle of the field."

"Yo Frank. Chill. You'll be fine. I'm sure Hazel likes you however you are. Even if you're a big ole bear."

I looked at Percy and I could see the sincerity in his eyes.

I took a deep breath. "Okay. Yeah. I got this. You're right. Thanks Perce."

He grinned. "No problem my dude."

I raised a brow. "Are you going to take your own advice?"

"Huh?"

"When are you going to man up and ask Annabeth out?"

He looked at me and blinked three times before blushing and running away while yelling, "I don't know what you're talking about!"

I laughed before spotting Hazel at her locker, talking to Selena.

I walked over and overheard Hazel speaking, "I don't know what I'm going to do! I really like him. You made me realize that. But what do I do?"

I stopped. Did she like someone else?

I shook my head. I shouldn't be eavesdropping.

But I couldn't help it.

"Don't worry Hazel. It'll work out. I promise." As Selena spoke, she made eye contact with me and winked.

Hazel looked to see what Selena was looking at, and immediately turned red.

She smacked Selena.

"Hi Frank! I didn't see you there."

I scratched the back of my neck. "Uh yeah. I wanted to talk to you about something if that's okay?"

Before Hazel could reply Selena spoke up.

"Oh I was just leaving. I need to find Beckendorf. See you guys later!"

She smiled at the both of us and went to go find Beckendorf.

Hazel turned to me. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Um, well, I don't really know how to tell you."

She gave me a soft smile and urged me to continue.

"Well it's just that-"

Hazels POV
"Well it's just that-" Frank mumbled.

I frowned. "I'm sorry I didn't hear the last part of what you said. What was that?"

He took a deep breath. "I... like you?"

I ignored that weird fluttery feeling in my stomach looked at him very confused.

"Are you asking?"

He looked very panicked. "I- no I mean yes I like you. I like you. Yeah."

He avoided my gaze and looked down at the floor.

I reached for his hand and he picked his head up to meet my gaze.

"Frank, I like you too."

He stood there utterly confused. "What?"

I giggled. "I like you."

He pumped his fist in the air. "Woohoo!"

"Oh." He nervously scratched the back of his neck. "I mean that's cool."

I played with my fingers and asked, "So what happened now?"

bc of quarantine i hope i'm able to write more but it's honestly so hard bc i've forgotten the storyline of this book but i'll try