Chapter 16

Nico's POV
"Nico! Wake up!"

I groaned. "Let me sleep."

Hazel sighed. "I've let you sleep for an extra 10 minutes. If you don't wake up I'm afraid I'm going to have to tell-"

I sat up. "You wouldn't."

She raised a brow and gave me a look.

"Fine."

She smiled. "Hurry up. I gave you too much time to sleep you only have 10 minutes."

I shrugged. "I'll meet you downstairs."

After brushing my teeth and changing into my usual black clothing, I went downstairs to eat.

Hazel looked at me and groaned. "Can you at least wear something other than black?"

I grinned. "Nope."

"No time to eat." she tossed me a banana and headed towards the door. "Let's go."
A/N-I was gonna put apple but...

We sat in a comfortable silence which is good because it used to be awkward.

When my real sister, Bianca, had a uh- the accident, Hazel moved in with us 2 years later.

Hazel was already dealing with some personal problems, and we were both closed off.

But, surprising, our dad, Hades, or Hazel likes to call Pluto, kind of forced us to get to know each other.

Me being me took a long time to accept Hazel was my sister because it seemed like she was replacing Bianca, but I came to terms with it.

Ever since, we act like real siblings(which technically we are) and have gotten closer.

"Nico we're here."

We pulled into the school and parked.

"Nico I have to go meet the girls somewhere. You have anywhere to go?"

I nodded. "Yea I'm fine. Bye."

She waved and went to go find her friends.

I lied to her, so now I was wondering the halls.

I was going to meet Jason and Percy, but I needed time alone.

"Hey emo."

I turned around to see these two jerks on the football team; Dylan and Matt Sloan.

I turned around and ignored them.

"Hey goth! You're not allowed to ignore us."

I bit my tongue forcing myself not to say anything.

"Fine, go ahead and ignore us and go back to planning the next murder." and they started laughing.

I stood up and growled.

Well I think I did I was too mad to notice.

But then someone pulled me back and into the janitors closet.

I heard Matt yell, "You run away coward! This isn't over."

I would've done something like flip him off but I was being pulled into the janitors closet at the time.

What a shame.

Once the door closed and the person let go, I slapped whoever it was.

"What in the name of Olympus are you doing!" I hissed.

The person held his now red cheek and turned on the light.

"I was helping you."

I frowned. "I had it under control. Will."

He copied my frown. "Yea. If you call about to start a fight and end up expelled 'under control'. Nico."

"I would've been okay with that." I mumbled. "Why'd you help me anyway?"

He grinned. "I'm always open to helping a young and innocent emo."

I frowned. "Well this innocent emo is about to kick your a-"

He clamped his hand over my mouth. "What part of innocent do you not understand!" he hissed.

I slapped his hand away. "Will, what are you really doing here?"

He shrugged and ran his fingers through his golden hair. "I just wanted to talk to you." he said while stepping out of the closet.

I blushed and turned away so he couldn't see me. "Uh, ok then."

"DEATH BREATH!!"

I winced and turned around to see Percy running towards me.

He came over panting. "Nico I need your help." He looked at Will and waved. "Oh hey Will."

Will waved back but his attention was already back on me. "What the heck happened Percy?"

He played with his hands. "Well, Jason may or may not be very super duper mad at me."

I rolled my eyes. "What'd you do?"

He gave a sheepish smile. "I may or may not have spied on him when he was studying with Piper. And I may or may not have accidentally told him."

I shook my head. "Only you would have a slip up like that Kelp Head."

He pouted. "Neeks please help?"

I grinned. "Sorry. But at least you enjoyed the last night of your life."

He blushed but he realized something and sighed. "Please help me Nico." he pouted.

"Sorry I'm busy."

He snorted. "Doing what?" then he noticed Will(again) and smirked.

"Oh sorry. Was I interrupting something?"

I turned red. "Don't you have some running away to do?"

His eyes widened. "Yup. Gotta go!" Then he saluted and gave me a knowing look before running down the hallway.