Chapter 19

~Nezuko's pov~

I grabbed my bag and went out the kitchen. I put on my shoes before going out. Ughhh! Ever since our fight the other night, we haven't talked to each other that's why I woke up late today. As I walked I saw a familiar longish black haired guy. I caught up to him and I was right, he was Inosuke.

"Ohayō Inosuke kun". I greeted him, and he kinda jumped I guess I startled him.

"Ohayō Kuzeko". He said.

"It's Nezuko not Kuzeko!". I corrected him

"That's what I said. Hey Zenitsu!". He suddenly yelled. I looked and he was right it was Zenitsu I ran up to them.

"Ohayō Zenitsu!". I happily greeted him. But when I looked at him, I was so shocked. His face looked really swollen and he had a patch on his right cheek.

"Oha-". I didn't let him finish cuz I pulled him into a hug. I guess he was surprised like Inosuke. "Nezuko?"

"What happened to you? Your face is so swollen, you have a patch on your cheek and it looks like you haven't slept for 2 days straight". I said worriedly

"I just have a problem with my stepmother and dad. And if we're gonna research today let's do it in the public library". He said trying to change the conversation. I frowned at what he said cause I really don't like how he is. He patted my head and smiled. "Don't worry about me Nezuko cause I'm fine my training is more intense than this anyway-"

"That maybe!. . . But for your father to do this? Is different. . .your not only physically hurt but also emotionally. You should really try to resolve things without hurting each other". I said looking away from him with tears falling cause of the reminder of my dad. He put his hand on my chin and pulled my close to his face until our nose touched then he smiled. He let go but before he pulled away he put his mouth close to my ear and whispered "You shouldn't say things like that because you haven't resolve your problem yet". Then he pulled away and we walked to school in awkward silence. Oh and Inosuke already left cause he got bored I guess. When we the classroom door, we saw Tomioka-sensei was already there.

"You two your late! Stand out there until homeroom is over". Tomioka-sensei said strictly

So Zenitsu closed the door and we just stood there.

"How?". I asked breaking the awkward silence between us. "How did you know we fought?"

He shoved his hands on his pocket and looked at the window. "It's written in your face Kamado san"

My eyes widened when I heard him say my last name. His only said it only once or twice why is he calling me that now?! I don't know why but I don't like it, him calling me Kamado is make me feel sad or something.

"Why're you calling me that now?".

"I don't know it just came out my mouth." I felt him squeezed my hand and we looked into each other's eyes. I blushed when he gave me a sweet and kind smile. "Sorry if it made you feel uneasy"

"It's ok". I mumbled

"What did you even fight about?". I don't know if I should even answer it, cause I don't want him feel that I don't trust him but I don't want to him to not being friends with brother cause they only reason why we even interact because of him I met Zenitsu. And besides Onii-chan only 3 friends anyway. "It's fine if you don't want to tell me right now cause I can wait till your ready"

"Your really considerate towards others huh Zenitsu?". I asked

"It's because I don't want to be insensitive and inconsiderate friend, cuz your a girl"

"So if I wasn't a girl. You would pressure to me in telling you?". I angrily asked

He laughed before answering "Of course I'd still be considerate. But if you were a guy, you might probably not even talk to me cause I steal 70% boys chances to get girlfriends in school"

I giggled at what he said. "What's so funny about what I said?"

"Nothing but it is a really shallow excuse for not making friends". I said while giggling.

The door opened and Tomioka-sensei came out. "Later you will be practicing swimming and you will have a girls vs boys freestyle race tommorow". He said before leaving.

We came in the classroom and took our seats before Rengoku-sensei came in.

---
~Zenitsu's pov~

For the rest of the morning class was really boring as usual. I grabbed two bento boxes and walked over to Inosuke's chair.

"Ok Inosuke!". I yelled and he turned while wearing his boar mask. "Let's go to the roof I have "THINGS" to talk about with you". I empathize on the things part. He stood up and we walked to the to the rooftop.

"What'cha want to talk about?". He asked while opening the bento box.

"It's about dad and the bitch..." I mumbled. His eyes widened mouth dropped and he dropped his chopsticks.

"What the f— I mean what happened?". He asked angrily. "Wait was that the reason your face is so swollen?! If it is then your father is a motherfucking jerk!"

"It is but—". I didn't finish cause Inosuke smacked my arm. "Ow!". I yelled as I rubbed my arm.

"You were gonna say it's fine cause your grampa was there weren't you?". He asked and I just looked away. "You should really learn to speak up for yourself especially now cause your grandpa's not gonna always be there for you. And plus in next year you'll be practically an adult. So you should learn to at least explain to him what happened instead of being so scared. Your already strong enough to have fight with your father and win but because of you hesitation you might not even land a single attack on him". He sighed and I just guiltily stared.

"Your right, that's what grampa also said. I wish I can be the same as you guys. . . But ever since he got married to that bitch I could never I understand him anymore". Tears started to fall down my cheeks and my head feels a little dizzy. "He used to be so gentle and understanding and he'd always want to the situation before doing any action but. . . Now is so different. I know I should talk back to him and explain, it's not that I'm scared he might hurt me but scared that I might lose my father to his new wife and kid. He and grampa are the only family I have and I don't want to lose them". I said trying to wipe my tears but they just kept falling. Inosuke chuckled then gave a kind and gentle. Then he suddenly smacked my back really hard. "Ouch!"

"Hahahaha sorry. We still need to hurry up eating we have only 5 minutes before lunch is finished". Inosuke said so I speed up my eating. After finishing our food we quickly went back to class.

***
Zenitsu's so sweet and soft hearted. I wish all boys have a soft and sweet side. Thanks for reading please vote and share