chapter thirty

I have two more chapters done. :D Not edited.

Flo's POV

I look up to the mirror to see who it is, still struggling to get out of the hard, tight grip. When I meet his reflection, relieve washes over me. The lad gives me a playful glare and I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"What the heck?" I whisper loudly against his hand.

He chuckles softly and I turn around, trying to hide my smile. I slap his shoulder and cross my arms against my chest.

"Thought I had to cover your mouth, so you wouldn't scream," he walks backwards until he sits on the edge of the bed. "I don't want your mother finding me here. You know how dramatic she would get if she finds you with a man in your bedroom."

"How did you get in?" I quickly ask him, not wanting to hear anymore of my mother. She can be overprotective, but she's still my mother, and I love her.

"You have a ladder and a window. Need to say more?" He raises an eyebrow and gives me a half smirk.

"Of course..." I say with a sarcastic tone.

I walk over to the window and close it. I close the curtains, blocking the sun. I sit down next to him.

"So..." I start, "why the visit?"

"I wanted to know how you are feeling."

Jasper says in a low, delicate voice. I massage the back of my neck, finding myself tensed. I inhale and exhale - looking for the right answer to sum up everything that has happened in the past days. When he notices I'm taking too long to answer, he puts a hand on my back and starts rubbing it in circles.

"I'm okay." I lie. I didn't want to talk about my feelings.

"Listen, I know I'm not your common boy, but you can still trust me. I care about you," his eyes start to roam me and I feel insecure. I look down at my lap.

"Not now, I'm not ready."

He hums and lies down. His heads and rests on his arms. I smile and lie down too, while I do that our eyes meet.

"I don't know if it's the right time to ask, but what did Luke tell you yesterday?"

Yesterday.

Yesterday was a long day and night, just thinking about it makes me mentally tired. I try to remember what he said to me. I try to avail.

"He didn't tell me anything important."

"You're a liar." He lies on his side now, his hand holding his head. His fingers start curling my hair. Is this a way to make me nervous and tell the truth? It's working.

"He just gave me some advices." I say quickly and he waits for me to say more.

"You talked to him for awhile. Anything else?"

I leave the part when Luke told me to watch out for Jasper.

"He apologised for the pact you two have." His finger freezes and I raise an eyebrow. He notices that and continues to play with my hair, "Do you mind explaining that pact you have with him?"

I take his fingers away from my head. He rests his head on his arms, again.

"Luke is overdramatic, don't listen to him. He just gives advices, but he is fucked up more than anyone in this world," he tells me without stammering and I believe him, "That pact doesn't have anything to do with you. You don't have to worry about it."

"Okay."

"For scaring ya' with bullshit, I might as well add him on my killing list."

"Wait, no, don't do that," I don't want Jasper killing someone because of my big mouth.