chapter forty eight

One week later

I wake up by the sound of something hitting the window. It's probably just a bird. I feel incomplete for a moment before noticing Harry's arms aren't wrapped around me. I turn to look at him. He's giving me his back and he's in the other side of the bed. I smile softly and scoot closer to him, snaking my arm around his torso, and throwing my leg over him. I can hear him chuckle, letting me know his awake. He turns around and meets my eyes.

I almost gasp at his morning beauty. I can wake up to this for the rest of my life. His green eyes were so bright, almost clear and his cheeks were rosy, and I'm lying if he wasn't smiling. He's smiling, a very genuine smile that he never shared with me before. My fingers automatically remove a piece of his long hair from his forehead and caress his face until he bites my finger between his lips.

I am so in love. Nothing matters to me anymore. I don't care about anything, at all. I'm happy and that's it, I've never felt this complete. I still don't seem to get myself to tell him that I love him.

My mother warned me to come back home before she calls the police. She knows I'm with him, but she might as well accept Harry or I'm never coming back. I'm eighteen and I'm going to college. I might be eighteen and crazy, but everything I'm doing feels so right.

"Charlotte is coming over today, I hope you don't mind." I sit up and throw my legs off the bed. My legs are short. They couldn't touch the floor. I pick up Harry's phone to check the hour and end up reading a message from Mo. I bite my bottom lip. Why can't she just disappear? She's not in school and she's not around. Can't she leave Harry alone?

You're going to pay Harry, for what you've done.

"You've seen her a bunch of times," I hear him mumble and I put his phone down. I rub my hands against my PJ's he brought me three days ago when he got crazy and brought me a heck of things. "When are we going to be alone?" He moves my hair to the other side of my shoulder and stretches the collar, and kisses my neck.

His hands wander under my shirt and they reach my breasts at the same time he sucks on my skin and I literally fall to his chest, resting my head on his shoulder.

We haven't... done it yet and I'm not sure if I'm ready.

"We're going to b-bake." I blink and slowly move his hands away before I start panting and I wouldn't want him to feel disgusted because of my morning breath.

"Fine." He gets out of bed and yawns loudly. He grabs his phone and I watch his soft face harden in front of the phone. He glances at me. "Why are you staring me, Flo?"

"Mo texted you."

"I know."

"Why did she say that?"

"Why do we even need to care?" He puts his phone down, "She is irrelevant. She's pissed we fucking ended the Mafia she was in. Where is she going to earn her little money now?"

"I don't think that's all, Harry."

His phone vibrates, signaling another message. I stand up to see and he backs away, "I'm not letting you read them."

"You keep hiding things from me."

"It's my business, Flo!" He shouts.

"Your business." I repeat, "Then if it's your business, why am I involve in it? I'm sure you need some explaining to do. You can't just keep me waiting for the day you would actually spill out!"

He ignores me as he reads the message. He scratches his bare chest and sits on the edge of the bed.

"When is this going to end? This is not good for our relationship-"