2008

2008 : Jasper's POV

4/11/2008

Principal Kabesperry
Saint Angels Academy

Mr. and Mrs. Dach

Greetings,

As you are probably aware today at school we had an incident. It was necessary to lock the building by announcing that all students should remain in their corresponding dorms. Students and staff remained in dorms and classrooms approximately two hours.

We had a situation develop in the cafeteria in which your son Jasper Dach became extremely agitated to the point he brought a knife involved and it was best to ensure that he not have contact with his classmates throughout the buildings. It has been our intention to assure the safety of our students.

Luckily, within the period of time we were capable to clear the situation, and return students and team to their systematic routine.

These types of incidents are always dangerous. Take this afternoon to discuss with your son what happened. Please contact us Monday 14 to discuss the behavior of Jasper Dach.

Sincerely,
The principal & Priest Kabesperry

***

"He's just eleven years old, Mick. He doesn't know what he's doing," my mother tried to smooth the anger from my father's fists before they came in contact with my face. "Stop, please. He's just a kid. You're drunk."

"Exactly. He's a child. Amelia. We need to educate him before he turns into a criminal," he took off his belt from his suit and tears prickled in my eyes. I was told to shut up and take whatever he had for me. "This is your fault for allowing him act this way, you can't think this is what normal boys do."

"But you can't keep beating him!"

Dad held a fistful of my mother's thin hair and pulled her to his face, "I do what I want with him. He's my son." Then he pushed her to the ground. "Go upstairs or I'll beat you too, son of a bitch."

The belt whipped my arms and legs, bruising my skin enough to blood roll down. My mother could be heard crying upstairs and when the beating stopped he showed me the letter up to my face and he leaned.

"This doesn't make me proud."

"They were bullying me," I said, "T-They almost choked me. No one saw that, they were going to kill me. I had to protect myself dad."

He slapped me with the paper and he sat before me on the table. I sank in the couch.

"Protect yourself, eh?" He punched me again. "When do you see me grabbing a fucking knife to your mother?! You motherfucker! Both of you are goddamn stupid! Fucking hate you two! I can't have a perfect wife, let alone a normal son!"

He loosened his tie and I thought he was going to choke me with it. He picked up his paperwork from the table and moved his drunk body to his office.

I was left alone and I locked myself in the room, but it didn't last long. I escaped that evening to take a breather, I walked and walked 'till I was out of breath.

The night had fell upon me and it was time for me to go back. But when I turned around, I found myself lost in an empty town and I approached to a lad sitting next to a lamp post, smoking.

Before I could ask for help, he spoke.

"What are you looking at, kid?"

I didn't want to speak anymore. I felt like sitting down next to him, not because I wanted to have a conversation with him, but I felt like regaining my breath. I was agitated and scared to go back, anyway.

"Where are your parents?"

I said nothing.

"That's my answer to that question, too." He said to me. "Instead of answering that my mother abandoned me and my psychotic father took me with him, I'll rather say nothing."

I glanced at the box of cigarettes sat on his thigh and I pointed at it. He stared at my finger and back at the pack, then he smirked.

"How old are you, little bloke?"

I said nothing.

"Who am I to judge a child who wants to smoke?"

He lighted up one for me. I sucked, coughed, almost threw up and coughed again. I threw it to the ground and stepped on it.

"You'll get used to it. Here take three," he brought the box over to me and I counted three cigars before pulling them out of the box. I slipped it inside my pocket. "What's your name?"

"What's yours?" I returned the question and caught him by surprise.

"He speaks," He mocked. "I'm H."

"Just H?"

"Yeah and you?"

"J." I said.

"Just J?"

"No. Jasper." I smiled and he sucked from his cigar.

"You have humor kid." He said, surrounding me with smoke. "Gotta go, I have to be in a laboratory."

"Wait, I don't know how to get back."

"Not my problem." He stepped on his cigar and walked away.