chapter sixty five

I apologize if there are spelling mistakes, after I end the book I'll edit it. Enjoy... don't forget to vote and comment.

harry

"Be careful." Anne, helps me get in the tub with delicateness – kind of when she did when I was a tot. Pathetically, I let her guide my arms to keep my balance as I sit down. I push my knees up, out of the water and put my hands on top of them.

There's a large mirror in front of us and I stare at my reflection as I place my chin on my hands. I clench my jaw when she puts whatever liquid on a towel, the smell of it is intoxicating.

"How are you feeling?"

"Like shit."

"That's a start." She presses the wet towel on my back where the wounds are and I open my mouth, but grit my teeth groaning, gripping on the tub and scratching the white paint out. "At least it's not nothing."

"Can you be any gentler?!" I say through my teeth, glaring at her reflection. She understands my sarcasm and presses the towel on my shoulder and I yelp. "You're not fucking helping!"

"I'm trying not to hurt you!"

"Then it comes naturally because that's what you do best!"

There's silence and she's staring at the towel without making any movements. I'm about to apologize, but stop myself. I don't need to apologize.

I wasn't the one who left her on the streets instead of helping her with her drug addictions – or let the sick monster Desmond to pick her up in the streets. I was the one who went through hell. I have all rights to hate her. She's just Anne to me, not my mum.

She presses the towel delicately on my skin and I bite my bottom lip, running my fingers through my hair and pull it to the side. I want to choke her with the damn fucking towel.

"I'm done." She says a long while later. She squeezes the fabric in the sink before she walks out of the bathroom.

I stare at my reflection one more time before I slide down until I'm underwater, not planning on coming back for air. I force myself to stay in the water, grabbing both sides of the tub. I keep myself from going up, but I end up sitting up with a loud gasp. The water from my hair wets the mirror in front of me.

I push my hair from my face and get out of the tub, staring at my wounds in the mirror – disgusted with myself.

"Your friend is here." Anne says before handing me a towel. I wrap it around my waist and she shows me the folded clothes on her hands. "Robin wouldn't mind if you wear his clothes."

"You don't need to be nice. We both know a daycare doesn't mean that what happened is forgotten. You standing here with your disgusting perfume makes me hate you more every sec-..."

She raises her hand to slap me but I grab her wrist. "Don't ever... try that again, mother."

...

"By the way, I told Liam where you are." Stan carelessly stabs the syringe on my arm. He's been staring at Anne who's behind the couch being extra. I kick his knee and he raises his eyebrows at me.

"Why the fuck?"

"He called me. Said his girlfriend called him to notify you escaped the hospital." He takes out the syringe. "Then I told him where you were."

"I don't want to see him. I swear I'll kill him."

"What did you inject him?" Anne asks, concerned.

"Something that's going to keep me high as fuck. That's what he's injecting me. Right Stuart?"

"Stan. And I'm just injecting you something for the pain, Harry."